We’re a rapidly growing team building a disruptive Consultancy! We draw on a unique proposition; lived experience of the successful transformation of the FT, operating expertise from experienced practitioners and a proven playbook to help organisations transform to a high performing customer centred model. Our mission is to help organisations build valuable relationships with their consumers and build resilient business models.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s prestigious business media organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
You’ll be an early team member of a funded startup within an established institution - a rare opportunity. We offer a fun and flexible work environment with a best-in-class benefits package.
Learn more about FT Strategies and what we offer here at ftstrategies.com.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated candidate to join the executive team of this start-up. You will be joining a values driven and dynamic work environment as we scale our consulting business. You will be central to that growth, shaping our culture and strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Client development: Initiating and developing trust based client relationships and commercial opportunities
- Client engagement: Senior direction of multiple client projects including guiding the team’s methodology and problem solving to ensure we deliver sustainable results and tangible impact for our clients
- Team: Line managing 2 - 4 team members including coaching and contributing to a healthy high performance culture
- Functional / Industry expertise: Providing thought expertise and deep expertise across one of our relevant solutions such as Subscriptions, Retention, Pricing, Data, Technology and Transformation.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience at a strategy / management consulting firm in a client-facing role.
- Outstanding Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Interest or experience in Subscriptions within Media or another sector.
- Strategic leadership & Entrepreneurship: Desire to shape the strategy of a growing business with a strong bias to action to deliver on our goals. Able to spot client opportunities, build compelling proposals, and negotiate.
- Relationship building & Commercial aptitude: A strong network and proven track record of business development, including experience in originating and closing client engagements. Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills; able to influence internal and external stakeholders across levels.
- Thought expertise and a curious mind: A thought expert with distinctive knowledge and solutions and able to confidently represent FTS at conferences and external events. Tests and pushes the team's content and thinking to best in class solutions. Able to use hypothesis-driven problem solving to develop powerful solutions for the most complex strategic problems.
- People Management: Experience of managing team members and high performance, as well as directing and counselling multiple teams across client, culture and growth priorities. Outstanding programme management skills, delegating work as appropriate.
- Consultative toolkit: Outstanding communication skills; able to craft compelling stories and insights from unstructured or complex data. Strong quantitative and data skills including financial modelling, and ability to draw key insights from complex data. Able to coach team members on key consulting skills.
- Best in class and UNCAPPED bonus scheme
- Film clubs, social nights, employee led networks and team away days
- Flexible working - you choose how and where you work
- Hybrid working - work from home of the office
- Opportunities for global travel
- FT Strategies branded merchandise
- Free massages, gym membership, cycle to work scheme, employee wellbeing and employee assistance programme
- Generous annual leave allowances as well as 20 extra days, over and above your normal holiday entitlement at 30% pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption leave packages
- Paid volunteer days, charity giving and matched giving
- Top tier medical, healthcare scheme, dental cover, eyecare vouchers and life assurance
- Salary Finance, season ticket loans, pension (6/12% under 45 and 8/16% over 45)
- Career coaching. mentoring and L&D programme
- Advanced tech - macbooks and iphones
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.