Location: Central London (Hybrid)
Start date: 7th November 2022
Salary: £25,000 per annum (rising to £26,000 on successful completion of probationary period) + monthly bonus capped at 15%.
Please note that all successful applicants will need to complete a DBS check.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT has a record-paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
We have offices in more than 35 cities, including London, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing, Manila, Sofia, San Francisco and Tokyo. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
Learn more about the FT, including announcements and career opportunities, at aboutus.ft.com.
As a Customer Care Associate, you will be responding to all incoming queries from our B2C (business to consumer) subscribers across phone, live chat and email. You will also be responsible for delivering a personalised, interactive experience to help them take advantage of all the benefits of their subscription.
In return, you will gain exposure working as part of a global media brand in a growing digital age as well as gaining the opportunity to contribute to internal initiatives to continuously improve team performance.
We will provide training to become a subject matter expert on FT content and platforms, to have the ability to have expansive, personalised conversations with subscribers and to retain customers and encourage upselling.
Please note that the successful applicant must be willing to work Saturdays and Bank Holidays and that the role is based in London, UK.
What will I be responsible for?
- Providing an outstanding, personalised customer service whilst building rapport with subscribers and focusing on engaging them with FT content, acquisition, upselling and preventing cancellations.
- Communicating with all subscribers types, supporting requirements via phone, live chat and email.
- Taking ownership of subscriber issues, pursuing and ensuring resolution whilst keeping subscribers informed.
- Becoming a FT product, platform and content expert, communicating with empathy, authority and integrity.
- Meeting or beating personal CSAT, QA, cancellation save and contact quota targets.
- Upholding the Customer Care mission by providing exemplary service to our subscribers 100% of the time.
- Adhering to correct procedures and processes to ensure that Customers’ data is secure and that the FT acts in their best interests.
- To act as the link between the Financial Times and B2C subscribers; i.e. to become a brand ambassador for the FT and to act as the voice of the customer.
- There will also be unique opportunities to meet our subscribers in person at events and to act as a representative of the FT brand.
What experience/skills do I need to be successful in this role?
- Superb communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Keen eye for detail and problem solving
- Resilience - able to have difficult conversations with customers and adapt to changes quickly.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Effective - can work quickly and accurately.
- Able to have engaging conversations and to communicate with empathy, integrity and authority.
- The ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple tasks.
Previous experience in a customer facing role in a contact centre is preferable, but not essential. Prior experience retaining customers is also highly desirable but not essential.
What’s in it for me? FT Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages and subsidised gym memberships. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.