The Head of Cyber Security will set, and clearly communicate, the visions, strategy and outcomes for IT risk and cyber security at the FT.
The successful candidate will create objectives and key results, and they will be required to influence anyone in the business, technologists and senior stakeholders to board level.
This person will also need to deliver behavioural change across the organisation which will require extensive collaboration and evangelism, so that both our staff around the world, and our data is secure.
Cyber Security at the FT
We want to establish a cyber-savvy workforce that can make the right decisions for safe and efficient operations, ensuring that ongoing customer acquisition and engagement are not hindered by security concerns.
We want to help staff develop the skills to safely handle information in ways that protect personal well-being, leading to confidence that information is safe.
Forward thinking, collaborative and pragmatic, this role will provide a centralised and supportive centre of excellence for the organisation.
Our Cyber Security team is the main point of contact for all IT security issues. They bring together risk analysis, training, tooling, tech compliance, incident resolution as well as evangelising about cyber security to technology and engineering teams and the business as a whole.
- Define the vision, and set the strategy for IT Risk and Cyber Security at the FT, that proactively keeps our customers and our staff safe.
- Senior stakeholder management, act as the bridge between the board, business colleagues, product owners and engineers
- Deliver organisational and behavioural change across the organisation
- Develop and communicate objectives and key results to stakeholders, customers and teams, including a clear and measurable view of Information and Cyber Security.
- Define and identify the teams’ internal and external customers and key stakeholders
- Lead, manage, nurture and develop the Cyber Security Team
- An active member of the wider technology leadership group
- Will represent the FT in various external networks to ensure the FT can respond to new information and cyber threats.
- Ensure that the team has the appropriate resources and budget required to keep the FT secure.
- An excellent understanding of best practice within Information Security and risk management.
- A thorough knowledge of the key legislation and regulations in the cyber space.
- An understanding of the current and emerging threats and countermeasures.
- An understanding of application security threats and countermeasures.
- A good practical knowledge of security technologies - e.g. SIEM, IAM etc.
- Deep expertise with stakeholder management, with a view to influencing C-Suite level stakeholders
- Extensive experience of defining visions, creating, and communicating objectives and key results
- A Collaborative and evangelical, but pragmatic style that values inquisitiveness, diversity and cooperation
- Experience of cyber security issues, risk and compliance; how they impact a thriving business and how to provide practical solutions for them
- Experience of responding to, and learning from, incidents.
- Experience in product development life cycles
- An appreciation for good architecture and high engineering quality such as everything as code, automated peer reviewed deployments, extensive logging and metrics
- Enjoy working in an Agile environment - looking to continuously improve and learn and foster a culture that promotes this
- Experience working in lean agile methodologies
- Working with cross functional teams and global teams
- Working experience of a global media organisation.