Looking to grow your career at the FT? Our success can be attributed to the smart, creative and talented individuals we employ.
Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees, who hail from all different backgrounds and walks of life.
Part of the FT Specialist group, MandateWire is a leading B2B market intelligence digital product, designed to help global institutional asset management firms raise capital.
An integral part of the FT Specialist stable of titles, MandateWire has built an unrivalled reputation amongst investment managers in North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa as a key provider of sales intelligence and analysis, tracking the investment strategies and asset allocations of institutional investors. We provide actionable, real-time news, data and intelligence to a growing client base of more than 300 money management companies.
The Role / Position Overview
We are looking for a commercially-minded and strategic product manager who will play a key role in developing the MandateWire product to grow market share, increase engagement, lifetime value and ultimately subscription revenue.
We’re an agile team with a strong execution bias and start-up like culture. There is scope to shape not just the technology but culture and product development process too.
- Develop and guide product strategy, by focusing on solving identified customer problems
- Define and manage the product roadmap
- Discover product opportunities through research and collaboration.
- Run cross-functional ‘problem solving’ and ideation workshops
- Run market / competitor / user research, interviews and surveys
- Organise UAT / testing / feedback and implement development based on results
- Define development requirements (including prototypes / mock-ups)
- Manage development progress against agreed deadlines
- Develop, manage and communicate metrics and progress towards goals
- Use qual and quant feedback to inform product decisions / strategy
- Prioritise product maintenance requirements
- Be the voice of the customer
Required Skills / Experience
- You’re used to balancing the needs of a multi faceted business against the needs of the customer. You care about the bottom line but you also care about maintaining a great user experience – and you know how to deliver on both. You know when to employ different frameworks and approaches to solving problems, and can effectively balance best practice Discovery methods paired with lean-style experimentation.
- Bold and strategic - you’re not afraid of failing, and embrace big ideas.
- You are experienced enough to know the importance of good decision making.
- You are able to rally all stakeholders around a clear, customer-centric product vision.
- Experience of working on a subscription-driven database product, preferably in the B2B space.
- An understanding of the institutional asset management industry, or similar financial knowledge / experience.
Our Social Package includes
- 25 days annual paid leave
- Annual bonus scheme
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance (after first 6 months)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Food Vouchers
- Multisport Card
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Financial Times! Click to find out more about us on FT.com.
Don't hesitate to send over your CV!
The Financial Times Ltd. committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our Company and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.