Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
The heartbeat of FT Live is our strong portfolio of event products and our ability to access, convene and engage the highest quality delegates and speakers. The Marketing Manager for the Finance & Banking will be responsible for continuing to build one of our biggest portfolios, identifying new target audiences, developing a fuller understanding of both market and delegate needs, and creating inbound and outbound marketing strategies that leverage this insight.
Success in this role will be defined by several dimensions:
- Defining and implementing the overall marketing strategy for a portfolio of events with an objective to grow sponsorship and delegate revenue, engage existing and attract new audiences
- Continuing to develop the portfolio, to ensure its market-leading position and ability to command premium sponsorship and delegate rates
- Successfully deliver in-person and virtual registration, attendee and delegate revenue targets.
- Work with project teams to design cross-channel marketing strategies to meet strategic objectives of individual events as well as the the portfolio as a whole
- Design operational implementation plans including key event and marketing milestones across the portfolio and ensure adherence to deadlines
- Develop marketing budgets in line with plans and ensure budget trackers across the portfolio are kept up to date
- Define messaging and comms strategy, specific to the portfolio and key customer personas and consistently lead with benefit-led messaging
- Define partnership strategy for events with a very clear focus on quality over quantity.
- Map customer segmentation using demographics, psychographics, and other marketing techniques to predict behaviour
- Define and clearly communicate value proposition to customers
- Deliver against delegate revenue and attendance targets and support the commercial team in meeting sponsorship targets
- Work together with the Inbound team to develop and execute a year-round content marketing strategy that enables the distribution of strong, engaging digital content to customers and associated communities, that supports engagement, acquisition, conversion, upsell, and advocacy activities
- Identify data gaps and design steps to close these across the portfolio
- Responsible for each event’s digital presence and take primary responsibility for the front-end event microsites
- Ownership of the marketing campaign execution.
Analytics & Reporting:
- Monitor performance of all marketing campaigns across the portfolio and recommend performance improvement tactics if necessary
- Ensure all marketing activity and results are tracked and measured to allow dynamic investment based on analysis of current and past performance.
Required Skills / Experience
- Around 4+ years of B2B marketing experience, ideally within the events and/or media industry
- Relationship Focus: Builds strong relationships (internal/external)
- Commercially, deadlines and target driven
- Analytical and questioning mindset
- Strong copywriting skills
- Technology savvy. Able to quickly adopt and work with new technology solutions.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.