Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
This role serves as the initial processor of accounting services. This role is responsible for maintaining and updating all vendor-related information in an assigned system by collecting all necessary information.
1. Create and amend supplier, bank, & employee records and updates.
2. Identify and resolve all errors that cause delay to an invoice’s processing. This may include checking for any duplication, incorrect invoice details or following-up approvers to initiate invoice payment processing.
3. Validate and index scanned invoices and assign corresponding code and appropriate approvers.
4. Perform balance sheet and supplier account reconciliations.
5. Address all queries, requests, and exceptions relating to supplier and invoice management.
6. Perform and participate in tasks and special projects that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills / Experience
Graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy
One to two years (1-2) years experience in accounting in a shared services environment with at least one (1) year of audit experience and a very good knowledge of end to end accounts payable process.
1. Attention to Detail - Ability to notice both minute and pertinent details of transactions, situations and documents; thorough and conscientious when performing work
2. Customer Service – Ability to work with internal and external clients, assess needs, provide information or assistance, resolve concerns, or satisfy their expectations; committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Collaboration with Peers – Coordinates with teams across department, organisation, and global boundaries; Builds and maintains a broad network of relationships with the aim of promoting and developing the organisation
4. Communication Skills – Ability to convey clear and convincing oral and written communication to individuals or groups effectively taking into account the audience and nature of the information.
5. Problem Solving – Ability to identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.