Here at the FT, gold-standard journalism is just the beginning. 500-people strong, our Product and Tech team keeps us ahead of the ever-changing digital landscape by delivering cutting-edge products to over one million digital subscribers every day. Our plans for growth rely on a diverse, dedicated and dynamic group of product, tech, delivery and data specialists - everyone’s welcome in this friendly, forward-thinking team. And with entrepreneurial spirit, intelligence and opportunity at every turn, there’s no limits to where your FT career will take you.
A key part of the FT business, providing significant revenue and contribution to the FT, is the Specialist Titles group. The Specialist Titles portfolio consists of a number of digital brands including Investors Chronicle, FDI Intelligence, and the Banker, to name a few. The Specialist Titles product and technology group was formed in Sofia in 2019 and has been growing steadily since. The group's senior leadership has aspirations and plans to continue this growth, adding new teams in Sofia in 2022.
This role will work with several teams in the Specialist Titles group. These will typically be multi-discipline teams consisting of engineers and product roles including product manager, business analyst and product designer, that manage the development of Specialist Titles' flagship digital products.
Delivery Management is an established and key function and role in teams across FT Product & Technology. Our Delivery Managers work closely with all members of the team, including Product Managers, Engineers, Business Analysts and Product Designers. You will also work with the senior leadership team for FT Specialist, particularly the Technical Director and Director of Product, and our London-based business team members (e.g. commercial, marketing, editorial) on specific initiatives. This role will work closely with the team Technical Leads and Product Managers locally too.
As a Delivery Manager working at the FT you are responsible for helping teams deliver real business value, for fostering great teamwork and working practices, measuring the team’s work, and removing any obstacles impeding delivery. With your clear, adaptive and transparent communication skills, you will facilitate teams to create vision and consensus. You will be responsible for creating transparency for the stakeholders through great communication and engagement.
- Deliver value - Work with leadership team, business owners and teams to ensure that products & services are delivered effectively to realise measurable benefits.
- Facilitate team - Resolve conflict and disagreement and help drive decision-making and progress at multiple levels. Lead workshops. Remove impediments that hold your team back. Help them make decisions. Promote continuous improvement, clarity and empowerment.
- Champion quality - Technical standards, service management, lean-agile best practices and principles.
- Create transparency - Clearly communicate and measure vision, schedule and progress within and outside of the teams.
- Build good governance - Manage and monitor resources and risks, proactively plan and take corrective action where necessary.
- Create vision and value - Help to define, shape and prioritise the vision, goals, initiatives and outcomes - seeking value, avoiding complexity.
- Manage 3rd parties - Manage and collaborate with 3rd parties to ensure they deliver effectively and that contracts are structured appropriately.
- Build community - Work to improve the FT’s Lean-Agile capability. Foster Lean-Agile knowledge, the supporting community and tools across the organisation
- Coaching - Work with team members and other Delivery Managers in your group to help everyone grow and enhance their ways of working.
You must be enthusiastic, proactive and be able to manage and resolve conflict effectively. The FT values empowerment and you must be able to steer a team towards self-organisation.
- Establishing, leading and growing multi-discipline digital product development teams, working closely with product and engineering leads.
- Managing delivery against measurable business outcomes. Our teams are not feature factories - they are fully invested in achieving outcomes and objectives.
- A very good understanding of lean-agile principles and more than one methodology. Has coached teams in agile-lean ways of working.
- A variety of workshop facilitation techniques including structured problem identification and solving.
- Experience using agile project management tools such as Jira and drawing on a variety of data to monitor team and delivery process health.
- A flexible / adaptive approach to managing multiple teams & initiatives in parallel.
- Proactive and an accomplished influencer with the ability to negotiate with other teams to deliver work to fixed deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, able to demonstrate they can present complex plans and concepts to stakeholders clearly and succinctly.
- Favouring a collaborative working style, but with the ability to recognise when a more directive approach is appropriate and beneficial to the team.
- Has held a previous role or background in another product & technology discipline e.g. engineering, business analyst, product manager or UX&D.
- An interest in continuous integration & transitioning to the cloud.
- Has coached other Delivery Managers in one or more delivery competencies such as lean-agile practices, project or programme management or change management.
- Has worked with OKRs (Objectives & Key Results)
- Is a Jira administrator.
In Return, We Can Offer You
- 25 days annual paid leave
- Annual bonus scheme
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance (after first 6 months)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Food Vouchers
- Multisport Card
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Financial Times! Click to find out more about us on FT.com.
Don't hesitate to send over your CV!
The Financial Times Ltd. committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our Company and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.