Here at the FT, gold-standard journalism is just the beginning. 500-people strong, our Product and Tech team keeps us ahead of the ever-changing digital landscape by delivering cutting-edge products to over one million digital subscribers every day. Our plans for growth rely on a diverse, dedicated and dynamic group of product, tech, delivery and data specialists - everyone’s welcome in this friendly, forward-thinking team. And with entrepreneurial spirit, intelligence and opportunity at every turn, there’s no limits to where your FT career will take you.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
About The Role
The successful candidate will provide escalation, 2nd and 3rd line support to our team of talented Analysts and Technicians who support circa 3k FT staff globally. In addition to support work, there will also be project delivery work - where leadership and technical knowledge is key to success, along with all of this the successful candidate will be expected to provide support to the Global Service desk Management Team.
The must-have quality required for this role is the ability to provide excellent customer service. The ability to talk with people in a confident, positive and reassuring manner should not be underestimated, as should the capability to multi-task and work well under pressure. This role will be in a hybrid environment, primarily working from our Bracken House office and from home as required, to support our shift based teams.
- Technical escalation point for all members of the Service Desk (SD) teams.
- Coordinate major incident process
- Responsible for ensuring the team are being mentored to reach their potential
- Help the SD manager in guiding the team in the vision of what the SD is looking to achieve and the team members' development.
- Assist management in tracking individual and team performance through reporting.
- Coordination of the SD team, to ensure a premium service level is constantly achieved
- Contact point for senior management, providing updates as and when required.
- Coordinate and manage 3rd party support providers that the Service Desk are responsible for
- Problem management lead for the SD teams and coordination and root cause analysis.
- Continually review and update current processes and communicate these to the GSD teams, ensuring compliance
- Be knowledgeable of the FT’s tech stack that the GSD supports
- Able to represent the Service Desk at technology meetings
- Own Customer Service Improvements to maintain a fit for purpose environment for our globally distributed teams - based on our ITSM tools
- Proactive approach to work
- Able to work on multiple tasks at a time
- Excellent Communication and organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to understand customer issues and resolve them quickly and efficiently
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong team player, keen to learn and contribute
Required Skills / Experience
- Advanced Windows and MAC troubleshooting and support skills
- Google Workspace administration exposure
- Excellent understanding of ITSM frameworks (ITIL preferred)
- Exposure to Agile methodologies
- Leadership of team members - to advance their knowledge and careers, as well as embedding a proactive attitude amongst the team
- Contribute to the hiring process of new team members
- Exposure to SAAS SD tools (fresh service or something similar)
- Advanced Cyber Sec exposure
- 25 days of leave, increasing to 30 after two years. We also offer additional flexi-days at 30% pay.
- Pension plan, the company will double your contribution up to 18% total
- Free gym membership via GymPass, or subsidised access to Nuffield Health
- Enhanced maternity & paternity packages
- Other schemes include: childcare vouchers, give as you earn, cycle to work, travel loans, healthcare, dental, life assurance
- Full details of our benefits can be found here.
How we work
Our hybrid setup means staff are expected to come into the office 2 days a week on average. We operate flexibly and thus this 2 day a week figure should be taken as a general ratio of the time you will spend in the office.
Our office is located across the street from St. Paul's Cathedral and is easily accessible from all corners of London. There are the main train terminals such as Liverpool Street, Moorgate, Blackfriars, City Thameslink or Waterloo all situated within walking distance or there are several tube stations within a few mins walk such as Mansion House (District or Circle line), St. Paul's (Central line), Bank (Central or Waterloo & City line) or Barbican (Central, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan lines).
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.