Bilingual Consultant - FT Strategies - Japan Based
We’re a rapidly growing team building a global, disruptive Consultancy! We draw on a unique proposition; lived experience of the successful transformation of the FT, operating expertise from experienced practitioners and a proven playbook to help organisations transform to a high performing customer centred model. Our mission is to help organisations build valuable relationships with their consumers and build resilient business models.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s prestigious business media organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
Learn more about FT Strategies and what we offer here at ftstrategies.com.
As we scale our business globally, we are looking for experienced and motivated individuals to help us scale our business in Japan.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated bilingual candidate to join this start-up within the Financial Times.
You will be joining a fast-paced and dynamic work environment as we scale our consulting business in the APAC region. You will be central to that growth, shaping how it succeeds.
You’ll be an early team member of a funded startup within an established institution - an extremely rare opportunity.
You will help media organisations at a time of reinvention. You’ll work with them to develop digital strategies that will help transform their business, with implications for the wider media industry.
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Your role in this team will be to deliver consulting engagements. This will include:
- Ability to use hypothesis-driven problem solving to develop solutions for the most complex strategic problems
- Strong quantitative skills, such as the ability to build financial models, research output, draw key insights from complex data or visualise data as compelling charts
- Project management skills, delegating work as appropriate to other team members, internal FT experts and external freelance experts
- Consulting communication skills, using slides and digital tools to efficiently produce output
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships and being available to respond to ad hoc requests
- Mentoring other team members who you will work alongside on client engagements
- Experience at a strategy / management consulting firm in a client-facing role
- Outstanding Excel and Powerpoint skills, which we may assess during the recruiting process
- Curious mind, adaptability and strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with digital transformation and advanced data skills
- Best in class and UNCAPPED bonus scheme
- Hybrid working - work from home or the office
- Opportunities for global travel
- FT Strategies branded merchandise
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid volunteer days
- Medical and dental cover and life assurance
- Career coaching. mentoring and L&D programme
- Advanced tech - macbooks and iphones
- Commuting allowance
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.