Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups
The Role / Position Overview
We are looking for a dedicated strong writer and fast learner who can develop a career at Ignites Asia writing about the asset management industry in Asia.
The editorial assistant is a crucial member of Ignites Asia team who will liaise closely with other reporters to provide assistance and take on additional reporting where needed. They will mainly take instruction from the managing editor.
The right candidate should ideally have some experience writing news stories and have an understanding of the asset management industry and the wider financial markets.
- This role will be required to write at least two mass media stories or original pieces each day, as well as taking charge of writing up people moves stories for the publication on a weekly basis.
- This role will be involved in closely monitoring asset management news from multiple sources across the region, including from regulatory announcements and mass media searches.
- They will also be charged with keeping up-to-date with industry developments across all markets and taking charge of writing people moves for the publication too.
Required Skills / Experience
- Possesses strong English writing skills in news articles with proven working experience in the field
- Demonstrate knowledge about the financial markets in Asia and preferably also the region’s asset management industry.
- Professional, flexible and committed to the role that sometimes may require additional working hours
- Professional knowledge of Asia languages will also be an advantage.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.