This role sits within the Money-Media advertising group in New York, and reports to the Head of Financial Advertising Sales, US.
The Money-Media advertising group is a small group of experienced sales professionals who manage all aspects of advertising sales and account management for the FT’s asset management / financial clients and portfolio of products. The Account Executive would be responsible for new business development accounts who have the potential to become important advertisers, as well as a list of existing running business. They will also be taksed with learning the nuances of the asset management category and associated product portfolio.
The Money-Media advertising group consists of 3 individuals (all based in NY) who share a mix of responsibilities around business development, relationship management, account coordination and commercial digital development.
The Account Executive will have a prospecting list agreed upon with the Head of Financial Advertising Sales, US. These potential partners will primarily consist of asset managers who have the potential to become significant revenue contributors in the future.
This role will take full responsibility for all revenue, account management and customer service across all assigned clients and prospects. The Account Executive will also be responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders across the business: research team, marketing team, advertising operations team, agency sales team, content team and others as part of the larger commercial organization.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To represent the FT, Money-Media and all associated products within the developmental accounts assigned by the Group Head – Asset Management.
To achieve revenue goals and deliver outstanding customer service to our partners.
To work in partnership with agency team members and other internal FT resources to ensure that all decision points within the client planning and buying process are communicated with and receive the best and most appropriate treatment from the commercial operation.
Establish long-term relationships with clients, agencies, and any other relevant stakeholders within the industry.
Work closely with management, ad operations, agency counterparts, research, marketing and other internal stakeholders to learn all of the products and offerings across the FT asset management portfolio and confidently communicate those to senior level decision makers.
Formulate and execute individual account development plans aimed at growing revenues and ensuring that decision makers understand the value of our commercial proposition.
Attend industry and other “client entertainment” events to build relationships with partners, keep up to date on industry trends and stay visible amongst our clients and industry peers.
Key skills / Experience:
- 1-2 Years Advertising Sales or Account Coordinator experience.
- Financial Services exposure and knowledge is considered a plus.
- Knowledge of digital media (desktop, mobile, tablet) native advertising, programmatic – print experience is a plus.
- Experience building media recommendations and sales presentations.
- Experience managing multiple clients, business development, account planning and customer service.
- Knowledge of digital metrics and analytics, as well as experience with syndicated and proprietary research.
- Client and or agency contacts are welcome but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills.
- Excellent internal communication skills and willingness to collaborate with other teams.
- A strong record of creating long term relationships at all levels within client groups and communications agencies - a strong record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Highly organized and prepared to manage complex projects and timelines. Evidence of frequent use of software platforms such as Salesforce to organize and communicate across discipline groups.
- An interest in new media and advertising solutions, especially digital, both within the FT competitive set and in other areas of the industry.
- A self-starting individual, able to demonstrate past success in creating innovative projects that go above and beyond standard offerings.
- Ability to travel in and US and globally, and an interest in entertaining client and agency partners.
- An interest in progress and development, both for yourself and others around you.
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, and enhanced maternity & paternity packages. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company.
At the FT, we know our most valuable resources are our people and we embrace our employees’ unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying, and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.