Fixed term opportunity - 12 months
Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a global, digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees, who hail from all different backgrounds and walks of life.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
FT Specialist is composed of 17 brands, created by 300 people around the world. We provide niche audience groups with information that helps them take better decisions and operate more effectively. This portfolio of products serves the needs of seven distinct audience groups through some of the oldest brands in the world, which are often market leaders.
Important & highly valued stakeholder management position that facilitates business decision making through financial and strategic analysis. This role will support the Senior Finance Manager with the production of robust financial processing, reporting and planning in regards to the FT Specialist Europe portfolio. Ensuring the Business Heads of FT Specialist are kept up-to-date with financial reporting, enabling the business to make important decisions amidst a constantly evolving financial industry landscape.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the Head of Europe, department heads and their teams, ensuring that you develop a deep understanding of their objectives and provide financial/commercial support in order to help them achieve these.
- Take ownership of the month end P&L reporting process, reviewing with the Senior Finance Manager and presenting to the Financial Planning Manager and Group Finance Director.
- Ownership of monthly revenue reporting and analysis of global revenues and costs. This includes managing the deferred and accrued revenue calculations for all UK brands; as well as cost control.
- Budgeting and Quarterly forecasting for FT Specialist Europe.
- Managing the sales commission process across products in FT Specialist.
- Ownership of the suite of Balance Sheet recs, working closely with Central Finance as well as the auditors during the annual audit.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager with all project work (on-going and upcoming), such as Pricing Analysis, business modelling and scenario planning, establishing and setting up regular reporting for ROI and KPI’s.
- Presenting the latest P&L and financial performance for all the brands under Specialist Europe on a monthly basis to key brand stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing a Management Accountant in Manila.
- Part-qualified accountant with a strong degree actively studying towards CIMA/ACCA
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a commercial finance role
- The role has a high degree of interaction with the wider FT business and consequently strong people skills are essential
- A high level of proactivity is required and expected
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Systems fluent - ability to understand system processes and the interaction between different financial and non-financial systems
- A strong service ethic with a particular focus on being deadline driven
- A keen interest in e-commerce and digital publishing
- Strong ability with Excel
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.