Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
A member of the Financial Times’ Global Human Resources Team, the HR Coordinator will provide HR, payroll and statutory benefits administration for the Financial Times Electronic Publishing Philippines, Inc. This position will be responsible mainly for Manila payroll processing and benefits administration as well as administrative support for local and global HR projects and services. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in growing their HR career by gaining exposure to all aspects of the HR function as part of a first class media company. Given the nature of our ever-evolving business, we require someone who is easily adaptable and comfortable in a changing environment. Furthermore, the HR Coordinator will support championing our values and culture, utilising these to build a positive local and global business culture.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform end to end payroll processing gathering the data from the HRIS system and reflecting them in the local payroll system such as new hires, terminations, employee status changes, benefit deductions, loan collections, leave of absence days and other payroll changes.
- Help ensure that payroll and statutory government benefits are in compliance and aligns with the latest implementing rules and regulations as set by the Department of Labor and Employment.
- Process employee updates and claims on government and company benefits ensuring that transactions are processed in compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as government agency regulations.
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with the payroll system provider to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll and statutory benefits.
- Operate in line with payroll and finance corporate governance policies in place.
- Provide timely, professional and accurate payroll and benefits advice to all employees.
- Create adhoc payroll and headcount reports per request of the business or as required for reporting purposes in accordance with compliance to government agencies.
- Support the team on letters distribution and signing such as pay review, bonus, and commissions.
- Participate in and perform special tasks and projects that may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year relevant payroll processing experience
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of trust and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Ability to notice both minute and pertinent details of transactions, situations and documents
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload and work various deadlines
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Comfortable working autonomously with minimal direction; ability to effectively prioritise workload
- University degree or equivalent
- Must be open to work on a hybrid-remote working arrangement
- Strong data skills in MS Excel (i.e. VLOOKUP, Pivot, and other related functions)
- Proficiency using Google Suite
- Proficiency in Workday HRIS
- Prior experience handling payroll for a multinational company
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.