Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
A member of the Financial Times’ Global Human Resources Team, the HR Coordinator is a fundamental role within the global HR team supporting the Manila HR Services on various projects and administrative requirements. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in growing their HR career by gaining exposure to all aspects of the HR function as part of a first class media company. Given the nature of our ever-evolving business, we require someone who is easily adaptable and comfortable in a changing environment. Furthermore, the HR Coordinator will support championing our values and culture, utilising these to build a positive local and global business culture.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support in creating contracts and employee letters, managing the end-to-end documentation and maintaining employee records.
- Collate new hire documentation and own the onboarding process.
- Advise and manage benefits enrollment and queries and coordinate benefits enrollment and events for benefits promotion with the providers.
- Assist with annual benefits review and renewal by preparing the data for submission, collating requirements from employees, and staff communications and promotions.
- Support the review and management of administrative and logistics requirements of the onsite clinic.
- Ad Hoc administrative duties and project work across the HR function, collaborating with Learning & Development, HR Systems, Payroll and HR Services.
- Produce ad hoc reports for the HR team and the wider business relating to benefits and other HR reports.
- Participate in and perform special tasks and projects that may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year relevant HR experience
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills, confident in all dealings with people of all levels
- Ability to maintain a high level of trust and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Ability to notice both minute and pertinent details of transactions, situations and documents
- Comfortable working autonomously with minimal direction; ability to effectively prioritise workload
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- University degree or equivalent
- Must be open to work on a hybrid-remote working arrangement
- Strong data skills in MS Excel (i.e. VLOOKUP, Pivot, and other related functions)
- Has basic verbal and written Japanese communication skills
- Proficiency using Google suite
- Proficiency in Workday HRIS
- Prior HR Assistant experience working in a multinational company
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.