Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
This position will work as a ‘regional sales hub’ to support three of FTChinese revenue lines.
- Work closely with subscription team, especially B2B marketing colleagues, to develop and drive b2b subscription sales mainly in Shanghai, other areas of East China, as well Beijing and other cities in China, when necessary. While this is the major responsibility, the target number will be discussed with and confirmed by publisher on an annual basis.
- Work closely with ad sales team to maintain and strengthen relationship with Shanghai-based ad clients, especially luxury, banking, biz education, auto, etc., and to help generate certain amount of revenues for advertising biz, with target number discussed with and confirmed by ad sales director and publisher on an annual basis.
- Work closely with event team to develop and follow up with potential leads in Shanghai and other areas of East China. Target number will be discussed with and confirmed by publisher on an annual basis.
- The position is encouraged to package all of the above three initiatives and sell major deals to quality clients, when possible and on a long run.
- Manage budget allocated, as well as time and target completion rate, according to requests by the publisher.
- Support the company to develop and manage Shanghai sales team in a long run.
- Keep communicating with FT Shanghai rep and sales team on a regular basis to support office- and Shanghai branch-related issues, when necessary and requested by the publisher.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.