Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
The Senior Pricing Analyst is a key role within the recently formed Price & Propositions team at the FT. Reporting to the Head of Pricing & Proposition, the Senior Pricing Analyst will be responsible for managing and developing the B2C pricing strategy across our consumer subscription products to maximise Life Time Value. The role will work closely across the acquisition and retention marketing teams to ensure we have the right product at the right price, on offer to the right customer at the right time.
- Own and evolve the internal price tables to align with customer insight, working closely with marketing operations teams to implement strategy across customer touchpoints
- Drive and develop our price testing and research programme to ensure we are continuously optimising our pricing approach to adapt in a changing market
- Manage the internal cross-functional price review process to ensure dynamic pricing principles are incorporated to pricing decisions
- Act as an internal pricing specialist and contact to provide subject matter expertise where needed across commercial functions
- Generate insights to optimise commercial results by analysing pricing performance and support the P&P team in making recommendations to the business on how to best to impact them through the pricing strategy
- Develop internal analytics capabilities to understand pricing performance and opportunities across regions, customer segment, product type etc.
- Develop international pricing management, working closely with regional leads to ensure local market dynamics are incorporated in price and proposition development
- Collaborate with financial business partners to model proposals from the business, providing robust analysis to evaluate the financial impact and make a commercial recommendations
- Work collaboratively with B2B pricing colleagues to ensure a streamlined experience throughout reader lifecycle and career stage.
Key stakeholder relationships:
Regional Marketing Managers
Marketing Operations Manager
B2C Finance Business Partners
B2B Pricing Manager
Required Skills / Experience
- Strong commercial excellence experience developed in internal pricing / promotion team or in strategy consultant role
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of pricing theory and practical application to drive commercial performance
- Experience in direct and indirect pricing market research methodologies (Van Westendorp, Conjoint, etc)
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, ability to break down complex problems, define an approach to solving them
- Strong commercial acumen, communication skills with experience working with stakeholders across commercial and financial functions
- Excellent modelling ability demonstrated by advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills (e.g. pivot tables, VBA macros, complex formulas etc)
- Ability to prioritise workload and work autonomously.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.