Here at the FT, gold-standard journalism is just the beginning. 500-people strong, our Product & Tech team keeps us ahead of the ever-changing digital landscape by delivering cutting-edge products to over one million digital subscribers every day. Our plans for growth rely on a diverse, dedicated and dynamic group of product, tech, delivery and data specialists - everyone’s welcome in this friendly, forward-thinking team. And with entrepreneurial spirit, intelligence and opportunity at every turn, there’s no limits to where your FT career will take you.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
About the Team
The CRM team has an extensive remit, supporting multiple Salesforce orgs and touching almost every division in the FT. Their scope for 2022 is varied and challenging - a fundamental rebuild of our Salesforce integration with the FT’s Membership platform, upgrading our Customer Care and FT Live teams to the Lightning experience, and bringing new cross-selling and account management capabilities to our B2B business, to name a few - all the while sustaining our CRM estate on a day-to-day basis.
About the Role
Business Analysts at the Financial Times are central to the change programmes that support our continued growth as one of the world’s leading business news and information organisations. We’re looking for a permanent Business Analyst to support the CRM team in our Internal Products programme.
Are you a BA who’s ready to step up to the next level? With our support and your eagerness to learn, we see this role soon progressing to senior level. Once you are ready, you’d play a key role in the CRM leadership team and supervise the BA team and analysis work within the CRM space.
- Support the CRM team as the crucial conduit that brings together the needs of the business entities using our CRM.
- Managing stakeholders and their requests, triaging and prioritising work, and conducting analysis to clarify needs, refine stories and scope.
- Oversee a high volume of analysis requests, ensuring expectations are managed, and making sure communications and artefacts are clearly articulated, visible to and understood by all parties.
- Enhance productivity to improve inefficient activities as well as guiding users through and helping them successfully adopt implemented changes.
- You’ll be supported by the senior programme Product Manager to ensure the work we do in CRM is aligned to our strategic goals, as well as an in-house multi-disciplinary engineering team.
Business Analysts in this type of role at the FT typically have at least 5 years’ experience, but if not you no doubt have a wealth of expertise in a number of areas below.
- Your stakeholders love you. You build effective working relationships and mediate in meetings and discussions to accommodate different personalities.
- You’re able to rapidly understand new concepts and business areas, as well as the fundamentals of underpinning technologies.
- You can communicate complexity and distil detail into clearly understandable concepts, no matter the audience.
- You flourish when balancing appropriate levels of detail and shifting priorities whilst keeping an eye on outcomes, strategy and scope.
- You’re an effective devil’s advocate, constructively and impartially questioning the status quo.
- An interest in Salesforce or other CRM systems. No need to be an expert since you’ll be working closely with our internal engineers, but you may have worked on a Salesforce project before or have a good working knowledge of CRM modules and architecture.
- Experience in using data and/or user research to gain insights for driving product development and decisions.
- The ability to translate business wants into needs, outputs and ultimately business value within a technology-led environment.
- A wide variety of analysis and problem solving techniques to call upon.
- Experience of product ownership and/or analysis in an Agile environment. You might have a background in Lean, Scrum, Kanban, UX, Anarchy, or a mix of all of the above.
- An interest in line management and / or mentoring.
- 25 days of leave, increasing to 30 after two years. We also offer additional flexi-days at 30% pay.
- Pension plan, the company will double your contribution up to 18% total
- Free gym membership via GymPass, or subsidised access to Nuffield Health
- Enhanced maternity & paternity packages
- Other schemes include: childcare vouchers, give as you earn, cycle to work, travel loans, healthcare, dental, life assurance
- Full details of our benefits can be found here.
How we work
Our hybrid setup means staff are expected to come into the office 2 days a week on average. We operate flexibly and thus this 2 day a week figure should be taken as a general ratio of the time you will spend in the office.
Our office is located across the street from St. Paul's Cathedral and is easily accessible from all corners of London. There are the main train terminals such as Liverpool Street, Moorgate, Blackfriars, City Thameslink or Waterloo all situated within walking distance or there are several tube stations within a few mins walk such as Mansion House (District or Circle line), St. Paul's (Central line), Bank (Central or Waterloo & City line) or Barbican (Central, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan lines).
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.