Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
JOIN OUR TALENT POOL
We are constantly looking for talented individuals who are eager to grow their career within the Accounts Receivable facet - from posting cash transactions, processing billing, or even as an entry-level Accounting graduate who is looking to jump-start their career in finance - THIS IS FOR YOU.
We are actively pooling for graduates of Accountancy, Finance / Financial Management, Management Accounting, or other related degrees for our continuous vacancies within the Accounts Receivable department. We have openings for both full time and fixed-term roles.
It's awesome if you already have 1-2 years experience in the end-to-end accounts receivable process who have previously joined a multinational company but we also highly encourage those with at least 0-6 months of experience to submit their application. This post is also open to senior finance professionals exploring the opportunity of managing a team in their next role.
Core Competencies for the open roles
- Attention to Detail - Ability to notice both minute and pertinent details of transactions, situations and documents; thorough and conscientious when performing work
- Customer Service – Ability to work with internal and external clients, assess needs, provide information or assistance, resolve concerns, or satisfy their expectations; committed to providing quality products and services.
- Collaboration with Peers – Coordinates with teams across department, organisation, and global boundaries; Builds and maintains a broad network of relationships with the aim of promoting and developing the organisation
- Communication Skills – Ability to convey clear and convincing oral and written communication to individuals or groups effectively taking into account the audience and nature of the information.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits & Culture
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. You may refer here for a glimpse of our culture and full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.