Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
FT Live Overview
Financial Times Live (FT Live) is the conferences and events division of the Financial Times newspaper and its group publications. Our mission is to bring our global executive audiences the very latest in knowledge and opinion, and connect them to one another.
Chaired by senior FT journalists, the 200-plus core events, strategic forums and digital webinars organised by FT Live every year gather pre-eminent public and private sector decision-makers, visionaries and strategists from the world’s most important economies and industries for agenda-setting debates that cover the key issues of our time.
From unique experiences such as the FTWeekend Festival to our senior-level business summits such as the award winning Global Boardroom, FT Live has become one of the FT Group’s most successful and fastest-growing divisions, and is at the forefront of the FT’s accelerated development as an essential, interactive information source across numerous platforms.
The Role / Position Overview
The heartbeat of FT Live is our strong portfolio of event products and our ability to access, convene, and engage the highest quality delegates, world-class speakers and sponsors; with access to clean, accurate and compliant data being the fuel.
Summary of Role
Based in London and reporting to FT Live’s Head of Data & Campaign Marketing Operations, the Data Manager & Marketing Campaign Operations, FT Live will be key for FT Live’s data & campaign operations. You will be a curious and dedicated individual, with exceptional attention to details. You will work alongside event marketers to execute multi-channel campaigns to curated data sets, and share insights required to make our events a success.You will manage the full lifecycle of FT Live data. You will make sure that data has an acceptable level of quality and it is maintained in line with data governance & compliance standards.
- Creation of multi-channel data selections using Bloomreach Exponea (CDP) - across email, phone, post, telesales, onsite, sms.
- Continuously Improve data operations processes and make sure stakeholders follow best practices.
- Be the go to person for campaign-related queries within the business
- Prioritise data outputs for Marketing and Telesales campaigns and schedule, in accordance and ensure team members brief the campaigns in time and stick to deadlines
- Provide valuable insight and reporting on campaign activity and systematically maintain a knowledge base of reports and data analysis.
- Improve and ongoing monitoring of data quality to ensure quality standards are met, and creating or coordinating remediation action plans with business areas where remediation is needed.
- Creating and maintaining definition, documentation and other metadata for the data within the area of responsibility and feeding this to any agreed Data Governance structures. i.e. data dictionary, change control logs, data catalogues.
- Maintain working relationships with the central Data Governance Team, Compliance, Legal and other areas, and familiarise themselves with relevant Policy, Regulation and Law which applies to FT Live.
- Reporting the handling of Personal Data to Compliance for inclusion in the Record of Processing Activities.
- Fulfilling the responsibilities of a Data Steward for the business area, ensuring data within their sphere is fit for purpose and changes, issues and incidents are suitably managed with the rest of the business
- Assist in managing and developing more junior staff
Required Skills / Experience
- A relevant degree or previous data related work experience, ideally executing data selections for marketing
- Strong organisational skills, resilient and able to manage multiple stakeholders & initiatives simultaneously and to deliver effectively in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the proven ability to pay close attention to detail
- Have a passion for all things data
- Strong Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with marketing data management systems such as CRMs, ideally with Customer Data Platform such as Exponea
- A good understanding of data management best practice, especially on data governance and hands-on data quality management.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.