Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. Our global, award-winning editorial team represents the gold standard in journalism, seeking depth, originality and balance that differentiates us from the pack and engages our subscribers
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Financial Times is looking for an accomplished Talent Acquisition Specialist on a fixed term contract covering maternity leave to support our global Editorial department in attracting the best and brightest talent for opportunities across the newsroom. This role will support our goals of developing the FT editorial talent pipeline and improving the overall diversity of our newsroom, both in London and the US.
You will partner with hiring managers globally, advising them on recruitment best practices, and managing the end-to-end recruitment process from creating job descriptions to negotiating offers. You’ll be comfortable working autonomously, collaborating with and influencing senior management, and encouraging a consistent, inclusive and robust hiring process.
- Source, engage and recruit new talent for FT - manage the process including creating job descriptions, scheduling interviews, conducting phone screens and negotiating offers
- Effectively build and engage talent pools/communities through social media and networking, with a specific focus on underrepresented groups in order to continue to improve the diversity of our newsroom
- Participation in wider HR global projects
Internal Stakeholder Management
- Meet regularly with hiring managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans
- Work with hiring managers to understand the skills, competencies, and experiences necessary for success in each role
- Educate hiring managers on best practice in hiring, including hosting training sessions to share knowledge and expertise
- Manage roles and ensure data within the Greenhouse recruitment system is accurate and up to date
Data and Reporting
Provide reporting on recruitment statistics for Editorial, particularly focused on our D&I goals
- Manage relationships with external partners such as Black Young Professionals, We Are Black Journos and Journo Resources
- Establish new partnerships with advertising platforms and external networks where relevant, with a specific focus on engaging with underrepresented groups
- Considerable recruitment experience and exposure partnering with senior stakeholders to recruit for roles at all levels.
- A background working in Talent Acquisition for Media/Publishing organisations, with a track record of recruiting for Editorial / Newsroom positions previously would be preferable
- A good understanding of news media and the FT’s competitor landscape
- An excellent understanding of inclusion and diversity challenges in Editorial / Media industry, with a track record of recruiting candidates from a wide range of backgrounds
- Good interpersonal, problem solving and relationship building skills
- Comfortable working autonomously without direction; ability to effectively prioritise workload
- Ability to liaise with employees at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required
- Excellent organisational skills
- Articulate, professional demeanour with initiative and confidence
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.