Here at the FT, gold-standard journalism is just the beginning. 500-people strong, our Product and Tech team keeps us ahead of the ever-changing digital landscape by delivering cutting-edge products to over one million digital subscribers every day. Our plans for growth rely on a diverse, dedicated and dynamic group of product, tech, delivery and data specialists - everyone’s welcome in this friendly, forward-thinking team. And with entrepreneurial spirit, intelligence and opportunity at every turn, there’s no limits to where your FT career will take you.
We think the Financial Times is a great place to work: we have a technical stack that is cutting edge - employing cloud-based, microservices architectures and using a wide range of open source and commercial technologies; our product development methodologies are very current - using a data-driven approach, empowering everyone to understand and to delight our customers; our engineers are free to choose the tools they need and are able to influence the development process. Importantly, we ensure staff also have the ability to achieve a good work life balance.
An exciting opportunity for a data intern to join the Product & Technology department, of a growing business and a globally recognised brand. Working with the team in Sofia, or in distributed teams in London and Sofia, you will be part of a team that owns the end-to-end data architecture which is focused on enabling all business functions to take data driven decisions. Your team will have the autonomy, within defined guard rails, to select the tools and technologies needed to build and operate services responsible for FT brand data capabilities. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with the ever changing technical landscape and is keen to contribute to the company’s processes and broader know-how would thrive in this role.
In this role you will:
- Work within an Agile data team to design and implement data tracking solutions across a multitude of titles
- Participate in the design and build phases of the overall data architecture, which meets both analysts’ and stakeholders’ expectations in terms of usability
- Develop a close relationship with many departments across the organisation and provide operational support within and outside of the analytical team
- Basic understanding of the concepts of Data Warehouse and Data Pipeline Management
- Basic understanding and interest in website Data Tracking
- Basic understanding of Tag Management Systems (Google Tag Manager)
- Basic understanding of SQL
- An open mind to explore new ideas and the willingness to learn
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Industry certificate in a key platform, tool or domain used within Engineering at the FT.
- Understand the principles of Agile Software Development Methodology
- A keen interest in keeping up with the current trends in technology concerning database technologies (AWS/cloud-based/in-memory etc.) , scripting languages, big data technologies.
Our Benefits Package includes
- 25 days annual paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance (after first 6 months)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Food Vouchers
- Multisport Card
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
The Financial Times Ltd. committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our Company and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.