Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
FT Longitude’s design team is integral to creating real thought leadership - immersive, creative, award-winning content campaigns. This new senior role is critical to helping us realise our long-term ambitions.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of excellent design/creative skills and the ability to manage a wide variety of projects, clients and deadlines. They will be adept at advising our clients on the right design solutions. They will collaborate closely with our growing design team and external specialists to create immersive storytelling experiences, cutting-edge data visualisations, as well as infographic, audio and visual assets.
The candidate will have a keen interest in creative storytelling and most importantly is passionate about designing great experiences tailored to brand, platform and audience. They will be equally comfortable scoping and briefing projects, managing designers and working closely with functional teams, including editorial, project management and commercial.
- Take direct responsibility for designing high-end design outputs for multi-platform use;
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign and XD primarily (Foleon, Sketch/Figma or InVision beneficial);
- Develop and maintain design templates and support materials for internal and external use;
- Develop creative concepts, communicate these to client or PM, and support the design team to see concepts through to final design deliverable aligned with guidelines and as outlined in brief upon client sign-off;
- Manage and lead a diverse team of designers and freelancers;
- Day-to-day scheduling, coordinating with other functions and collaborating with designated traffic manager to juggle projects and tasks.
Skills and experience:
- Comfortable managing the design team independently, ensuring design team consistently delivers high quality outcomes;
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment with many moving parts;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask effectively;
- Employ, communicate and enforce a rigorous design process;
- Excellent communication skills, especially around capturing and communicating a brief;
- Manage multiple projects of varying sizes and complexity simultaneously;
- Adaptable to change in scope and feedback, communicating change effectively to all parties including traffic managers, projects managers and designers;
- Ideally 10–15 years of relevant design experience;
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a team of designers;
- Minimum undergraduate degree in information/digital/graphic design or equivalent;
- Comfortable in a client-facing role, within a fast-paced agency environment.
About FT Longitude
FT Longitude is a specialist thought leadership agency, fully owned by the Financial Times Group. We are looking to recruit a skilled, passionate and dedicated Senior Creative to join our dynamic, fast-growing team.
Put quality at the heart of everything we do
Meet our clients’ objectives every time
Collaborate and support each other to achieve better outcomes
Be transparent and open with each other
Embrace and drive positive change
Think commercially at all times
Be proactive and creative
Usually we are based in the FT’s city centre HQ, overlooking St Paul’s Cathedral in London. Option for team members to work in a hybrid environment on a continued basis.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.