Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
This position will ensure timely management of requests and queries. This role will also ensure that all customer creation and amendments, and adjustments are processed accurately within allowed turn-around.
1. Support internal and external customers by providing quick and accurate resolution.
2. Perform complete set up or amendment of customer details which will be reflected on invoices as requested by the business.
3. Process billing interface from various source systems and manual invoice requests.
4. Extract audit trail reports across all systems and verify against customer accounts created or amended in Oracle.
5. Create an environment of continuous improvement with documented standard procedures.
6. Responsible for the processing of adjustments and urgent requests accurately and on a timely basis.
7. Participate in and perform special tasks and projects whenever needed.
Required Skills / Experience
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Accountancy or Finance and/or equivalent courses. Certification of Public Accountancy is preferred, but not required.
Two to four (2-4) years of experience in accounts receivables, order-to-cash and maintaining general ledger, preferably from global shared services environments and/or multinational companies.
- Attention to Detail - Ability to notice both minute and pertinent details of transactions, situations and documents; thorough and conscientious when performing work
- Customer Service – Ability to work with internal and external clients, assess needs, provide information or assistance, resolve concerns, or satisfy their expectations; committed to providing quality products and services.
- Collaboration with Peers – Coordinates with teams across department, organisation, and global boundaries; Builds and maintains a broad network of relationships with the aim of promoting and developing the organisation
- Communication Skills – Ability to convey clear and convincing oral and written communication to individuals or groups effectively taking into account the audience and nature of the information.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive working environment.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.