We’re a rapidly growing team building a disruptive Consultancy! We draw on a unique proposition; lived experience of the successful transformation of the FT, operating expertise from experienced practitioners and a proven playbook to help organisations transform to a high performing customer centred model. Our mission is to help organisations build valuable relationships with their consumers and build resilient business models.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s prestigious business media organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
You’ll be an early team member of a funded startup within an established institution - a rare opportunity. We offer a fun and flexible work environment with a best-in-class benefits package.
Learn more about FT Strategies and what we offer here at ftstrategies.com.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated candidate to join this start-up within the Financial Times.
You will be joining a fast-paced and dynamic work environment as we scale our consulting business. You will be central to that growth, shaping how it succeeds.
You’ll be an early team member of a funded startup within an established institution - an extremely rare opportunity.
You will help struggling media organisations at a time of reinvention. You’ll work with them develop digital strategies that will help transform their business, with implications for the wider media industry.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience at a strategy / management consulting firm in a client-facing role
- Analytical Rigour: Strong quantitative skills, such as the ability to build financial models, , draw key insights from complex data or visualise data as compelling charts
- Relationship building & Commercial aptitude:Maintaining and developing strong client relationships and being available to respond to ad hoc requests. Managing stakeholder relationships with experts across FT Group.
- Strategic leadership: Drive to build the strategy of a growing business from the ground up. A self-starter, ; is a strategic thinker but also has a strong bias to action to deliver on our goals.
- People Management: Project management skills, delegating work as appropriate to more junior team members, internal FT experts and external freelance experts. Mentoring, coaching and managing more junior members of the team.
- Consultative toolkit: Ability to use hypothesis-driven problem solving to develop solutions for the most complex strategic problems. Consulting communication skills, using slides and digital tools to efficiently produce output.
- Thought expertise and a curious mind: A thought expert , demanded for distinctive knowledge and solutions. Tests and pushes team’s content and thinking to best in class solutions.
- Best in class and UNCAPPED bonus scheme
- Free lunches and drinks, film clubs, social nights, employee led networks and team away days
- Hybrid working - work from home of the office
- Opportunities for global travel
- FT Strategies branded merchandise
- Free massages, gym membership, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme
- Generous annual leave allowances as well as 20 extra days, over and above your normal holiday entitlement at 30% pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave packages
- Paid volunteer days, charity giving and matched giving
- Top tier medical and dental cover and life assurance
- Season ticket loans, pension (6/12% under 45 and 8/16% over 45)
- Career coaching. mentoring and L&D programme
- Advanced tech - macbooks and iphones
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.