Here at the FT, gold standard journalism is just the beginning. 500 people strong, our Product and Tech team keeps us ahead with cutting edge products used by over one million customers every day. Our plans for growth rely on a diverse, dedicated and dynamic group of product, tech, delivery and data specialists – everyone’s welcome in this friendly, forward thinking team.
We are a vibrant group of people across London, Sofia, New York and Manila. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility to meet their personal needs. We continue to remove barriers for all and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
You will be the trusted support for two executives, the CPO and CDO, in a varied and fast paced role with a significant impact on what we’re able to achieve. We’ll offer continuing development: the role would suit an experienced EA or someone who is interested in a route into product and technology teams.
You will use your judgement to optimise how both executives spend their time, ensuring balance and focus on the most important goals. You’ll build strong relationships across teams and the company, and with the outside world to help get things done easily and efficiently. You’ll work closely with another EA to share workloads when priorities demand additional support, such as for department-wide events.
- Manage correspondence: filtering, responding or redirecting messages
- Triage requests and debrief the executive on key information and things that they need to take a decision on or address
- Manage dynamic schedules, prioritising and making sure time is assigned to manage teams and for non-meeting work
- Arrange effective meetings by getting clear agendas, ensuring appropriate length, commissioning preparatory work, writing notes and tracking actions
- Project work: ad hoc projects as required or in line with your interests
- Plan and prepare for global travel and events, including briefing, venue sourcing, booking and expenses
- Prepare and send team communications
- People and system administration such as submitting new starter forms or software requests to our people, finance and IT departments
- Expert at tools like Google Docs and Slack, with an aptitude to quickly pick up and learn advanced functionality on other modern workplace tools
- Able to triage and juggle multiple requests, meet tight deadlines and change direction at a moment’s notice
- Proactive and comfortable working with little direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Integrity and discretion with confidential information
- An out the box thinker who can come up with creative solutions
- Adaptable and flexible and willing to pitch in where needed
- A good sense of humour, we may be serious about our ambitions but we like to have fun whilst working
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.