Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
We have offices in more than 35 cities, including London, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing, Manila, Sofia, San Francisco and Tokyo. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
Learn more about the FT, including announcements and career opportunities, at aboutus.ft.com.
The B2B division of the Financial Times licenses FT content to organisations around the world, with clients in corporate, finance, government, professional services and education sectors.
The Senior Marketing Executive will be responsible for managing all marketing activities aimed at supporting new business generation alongside the monetisation of engagement for a portfolio of high-value global & strategic accounts.
The role will require a broad mix of marketing skills covering Account Based Marketing, email, paid channels, events, and sales enablement.
- Working with the sales and customer success teams, implement marketing activity to generate new business leads from prospects and increase engagement amongst existing clients with a view to supporting upsell
- Implement agreed marketing campaign tactics and manage the end-to-end process, from copywriting, working with the design team, booking ads, building contact lists and sending emails
- Update existing and generate new campaign assets, with new products and messaging as appropriate for regional markets
- Support organisation of events/webinars including logistics, delivery of promotional materials, such as advertising, emails, documentation and internally organised events with topics and speaker acquisition
- Work with the Sales Development team to help qualify senior level leads from marketing campaigns and events
- Update the CRM system (Marketo and Salesforce) with leads and activities to ensure marketing activity can be measured
- Use customer research and insight to develop sales tools, such as case studies, collateral and presentations, to support the sales effort
- Ensure effective communication internally within the FT through the use of digital and in-person tools
- Create a close working relationship with key stakeholders within the business, in particular the relevant sales teams
- Identify new opportunities and ideas to improve marketing processes.
Required Skills / Experience
- Track record in the development and implementation of effective Account-Based Marketing campaigns that support growth objectives, with a strong emphasis on lead generation from a top target account list
- Thorough understanding of key marketing principles and how and when different communication tactics should be used
- Experience of executing marketing activity in a business-to-business environment, while capitalising on all relevant marketing channels
- Demonstrated target audience & market understanding with the ability to translate these in impactful value propositions, compelling messaging and content marketing assets
- Comfortable working with data and CRM technologies, and possesses the analytical skills to contribute to the planning process
- Experience of working with sales teams and using campaigns to support and drive the sales effort
- Strong project management skills with attention to dates, deliverables and budgets
- Excellent copywriting skills and experience of working with 3rd party suppliers
- Effective communication skills and evidence of working collaboratively to achieve results
- Delivers a high standard of quality and accuracy.
- Has knowledge of events management and the processes involved in delivering a successful event
- Exposure to and knowledge of the media and publishing industry
- Use of Salesforce.com and Marketo
- International experience
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.