Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
The Head of Content Creation and Delivery is a senior leadership role that supports and enables Alpha Grid’s shift from a production delivery function to a strategic content creation and service partner.
You will lead and develop a team that helps deliver Alpha Grid’s new vision, goals and objectives. Specifically, in creating a centre of excellence that works as an optimised and integral part of the whole business
You will look to extend Alpha Grid’s content creation and delivery offering and develop team capabilities to move Alpha Grid beyond production and delivery only to to a full service, strategic and creatively focussed content production agency.
Create a future facing global model that:
- Defines working practices & rates for FT / direct clients and project types (video vs. digital, tactical vs, strategic)
- Drives Alpha Grid’s production and operational strategies, setting the framework for world-class production
- Creates the optimal balance of internal and external resources to help Alpha Grid scale sustainably by balancing urgent short term needs and longer-term goals
- Can encompass higher budget film (video and audio production) and lower value studio (additional content asset production) services and allows for a ring-fenced FT editorial services team.
- Working collaboratively with other Heads of Department to create greater definition and clarity of roles and responsibilities between content delivery teams, strategy and ideation team and client services
- Establish efficient and repeatable ways of working that provide end-to -end and integrated content services for our clients, protecting and promoting key sector expertise and connecting our teams globally.
- Build, galvanize and shape our delivery team, ensuring the right mix of talent and expertise for the breadth of our work, and ensuring we can deliver what we ideate
- Architect of delivery process, excellence and efficiency - championing best practice through alleviation of bottlenecks, duplication, team inefficiencies and manual processes
- Identification of utilisation, recoverability and project health challenges to devise mitigation strategies
Required Skills / Experience
- Demonstrable experience in developing and leading flexible production pod (or similar) structure to enable unified ways of working and eliminate silos and inefficiency
- Ability to define, champion, and lead the team to excellence in delivering world-class work, and help build the culture and climate for success.
- A proven system thinker who can drive workflow optimisation, automation & innovation
- Identify and implement the optimal team shape and skillset for the future, manage talent pipeline and succession planning
- Oversight of compliance processes and resourcing and capacity management systems
- Financial and commercial acumen to ensure sustainable growth and profitability through the management of resources and processes
- Vast experience in managing production partners and suppliers - leading the selection and management of contributing teams of producers, editors, creatives, writers and PMs
- Strong ethos to deliver innovative, creative solutions that have the client’s needs at the heart.
- Understanding of processes, workflows, tools and methodologies.
Roles within team:
Head of Production
Resourcing and Traffic Manager
Exec / Lead producers
Motion Graphics and Animation
Client Branded Editors
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.