Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
About Alpha Grid
We’re a global team of journalists and creatives who offer content production and advisory specifically to business, financial and luxury clients. Find out more here.
The Role / Position Overview
The Resourcing and Traffic Manager works directly with Alpha Grid’s Head of Production and broader team members to ensure work flows through the Production teams efficiently and is tracked at all points. This role is essential to the smooth running of all operational and resourcing processes.
- Inputting to and maintaining production platform to ensure all jobs are created and updated
- Keeping track of team availability - internal and external resources and updating relevant trackers
- Onboarding and booking freelancers and vendors, updating purchase logs and negotiating buyouts
- Processing and coding invoices
- Traffic management of design, animation, editing and coding requests
- Optimising workflow and processes to ensure work is delivered on time and within budget
- Coordinating project work across teams, leading weekly Production resource calls
- Managing incoming and outgoing media files - footage transfers, collected working projects - and keeping up-to-date records of where items are saved
- Providing regular, timely updates on capacity challenges to find solutions
- Monitoring and reporting on outsourced / variable cost budgets
- Maintaining and reviewing of preferred supplier list
- Ad-hoc production support for the Head of Production where required
Required Skills / Experience
- Track record of at least 2 years working in an agency or post-production house environment, and understanding of design and production workflows necessary
- An interest in business and financial news/content desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing work requests, adept at multitasking
- Exceptional organisational skills and high levels of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple work requests concurrently
- You must be a team-oriented person, comfortable and experienced working with people from geographically dispersed teams and timezones
- Comfortable negotiating rates with freelance staff according to a set budget
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude
- Knowledge of media formats and Adobe suite desirable
- Commercial acumen and interest
- A self starter and a team player
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.