MandateWire is a subscription business covering the investment activities of institutional investors in North America, Europe and Asia.
The Associate Editor is an exciting role for someone who wants to develop a range of skills while working with a global team. The successful candidate will report into the Editor of MandateWire North America and, on a daily basis, edit and write stories.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Helping the editor to edit stories for daily emails;
- Writing clean news reports based on interviews with investment officials from pension funds, charities, insurers and other institutional investors;
- Producing broader, data-based editorial content for monthly and quarterly analysis of industry trends;
- Liaising with MandateWire teams in other regions – London, Manila and Hong Kong – as needed.
- Setting a good example to other team members by producing high quality content and maintaining strict adherence to deadlines
Other key roles the Associate Editor will be expected to fill:
- Demonstrating what is expected of a high-performing member of the MandateWire editorial team;
- Assisting with staff training and interviewing of new staff members as needed;
- Checking entry of other reporters work into the CMS and tagging accuracy on news reports;
- Contributing new ideas and assisting with the expansion of the product.
Qualifications / Capabilities / Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of financial terminology and the institutional investment industry;
- 3-5 years’ experience as a journalist, preferably in the financial space and on a large team
- Experience interviewing senior executives;
- Experience editing for a daily news service;
- Superb organizational skills to manage time effectively, scheduling calls, inputting data and meeting the daily, monthly and quarterly deadlines;
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and identify relevant material;
- Good level of computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- well-organized and able to prioritize workload effectively
- polite and confident telephone manner
- detail oriented
- calm under pressure
- able to multi-task
- team player
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, and enhanced maternity & paternity packages. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company.
At the FT, we know our most valuable resources are our people and we embrace our employees’ unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying, and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.