Here at the The Financial Times , gold-standard journalism is just the beginning. 500-people strong, our Product and Tech team keeps us ahead of the ever-changing digital landscape by delivering cutting-edge products to over one million digital subscribers every day. Our plans for growth rely on a diverse, dedicated and dynamic group of product, tech, delivery and data specialists - everyone’s welcome in this friendly, forward-thinking team. And with entrepreneurial spirit, intelligence and opportunity at every turn, there’s no limits to where your FT career will take you.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Engineer to join a new cross functional Product & Technology team in Sofia, part of the FT Specialist group. Someone who is comfortable with the ever changing technical landscape and is keen to contribute to the company’s processes and broader know-how would thrive in this role.
Responsibilities for the role
- Work directly with senior stakeholders and product owners to fully shape solutions from inception to deployment and beyond
- Provide technical leadership to an engineering team
- Help with technical decision-making to support the technology strategy
- Aid and support personal development of more junior team-members
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business domains within FT Specialist. Use that understanding to shape the development of the platforms you build.
- Work within the department's strategy and guardrails, and contribute to their ongoing refinement.
- Have a practical approach to working with a large portfolio of products that leverage a diverse range of technologies.
- Communicate widely within the organisation to ensure best practice in other areas is understood and adopted where it makes sense to do so.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of FT Specialist underlying data and data flow.
The ideal candidate profile is
- Experience using the wide range of technologies and patterns required to build modern web products and services
- Experience with front-end development
- Databases, Document stores, and search technologies like MariaDB, ElasticSearch, MongoDB or MySQL
- Knowledge how to build and maintain APIs (RESTful API, GraphQL)
- Good understanding of the principles and trade-offs of the microservices architecture
- CI/CD delivery pipelines like CircleCI or Jenkins
- Writing automated unit and end-to-end tests
- Able to balance the customer and business product needs with those needed to build high quality products
- Understanding the importance of diversity and equality in a well functioning team
- Аble to communicate clearly and concisely
- Experience with back-end Java or PHP development
- Experience with developing Salesforce Applications using APEX
- Cloud infrastructure: AWS, Heroku, GCP, or similar
- Message queues like Kafka, Kinesis, SQS, etc.
- Application performance tuning and optimisation
- Designing for fault tolerance
- Instrumenting for observability and operability
- Experience working within an environment where operational support and monitoring of code and systems is part of the culture (DevOps)
- An understanding of CDNs and the role they play is web application architecture. e.g.Fastly, Cloudfront, Akamai etc.
In Return, We Can Offer You
- Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days annual paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance (after first 6 months)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Food Vouchers
- Multisport Card
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Financial Times! Click to find out more about us on FT.com.
Send us your CV and we will happily share more!
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
The Financial Times Ltd. committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our Company and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.