The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world’s leading business news and information organizations. We are recognized globally for our authority, integrity and accuracy. We provide a broad range of essential services, including news, comment, data and analysis, to the growing audience of internationally minded business people.
HR Business Partner: Asia Region, FT Live, FT Forums & Longitude
Reporting to the Global HR Director, the role holder will be responsible for business partnering with leadership teams in Asia and the UK, and will be proactive in co-creating and implementing our people strategy and objectives to drive and support the delivery of FT's business strategy. It will suit an experienced HR Business Partner/ Senior HR Manager who is already used to working in a fast-paced, creative environment.
Being an HR Business Partner at the FT means being a member of the management teams within your areas of responsibility and providing strategic HR support including: talent attraction and retention planning, organisational development and design, talent engagement strategies, mergers and acquisitions, compensation and benefits, diversity and inclusion and other people related queries as required.
You understand the importance of establishing and developing your credibility and you will have significant experience of leading first class HR support within a commercial environment, with a track record of delivering results.
In this role you will:
- Work with leadership teams to identify talent management strategies to deliver short & long term business plans;
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the regional and functional challenges and lead (where appropriate) or support their people activities, including but not limited to: proactive talent attraction and retention management, employee engagement, organisational design, and diversity and inclusion
- Participate & contribute to regional & functional leadership team meetings
- Develop strong and trusted partnerships with business leaders and managers providing thought leadership, challenge as well as commercially-minded and solutions-focused coaching and advice
- Handle escalated / senior manager level employee relations matters
- Partner with talent acquisition to build our employer brand, attraction strategy and talent pipelines
- Partner with the Global L&D team in co-designing and delivery of learning and development solutions for the region & functions
- Own and deliver talent and succession plans for the region
- Collaborate and proactively engage with the global HR leadership team
- Support the company culture, engagement, retention initiatives and alignment of reward strategies to meet the business needs
- Work with the HRIS team to report on and analyse key HR metrics for the region which will provide insights and trends to help inform and address challenges and spot opportunities
- Proactively build external networks, within and outside of the media sector in the region, to build your professional and market knowledge and to bring insight and ideas back to the FT to support planning
- Represent & support the regional HR teams including Manila and China
Competencies and Experience
You will bring to the role:
- Resilience in an uncertain and challenging region
- Influencing skills, bravery to challenge status quo and ability to lead change effectively
- A natural ability to build credible, strong and long lasting relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Proven ability to think strategically, to see the bigger picture and operate at a global level yet act operationally and locally to transform people strategies into action
- Digital and technology savviness
- Collaborative, warm and inclusive approach
- Bias for action - a track record of delivering real results and improving the bottom line based on data and insights it provides
- Positive “can-do” attitude - not being precious but instead rolling up sleeves to deliver what the business needs
- Employee relations experience
- Demonstrable evidence of keeping abreast of industry, competitor and sector changes
- Experience of working within an international environment.
Desirable to the role would also be:
- Experience working within a media company
Note – there will be a travel expectation within this role as this role spans Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, China and Manila (subject to Covid-19 restrictions).