Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organization made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
Money-Media, a fast growing division of the FT, is a profitable subscription-based content and data provider which delivers news and intelligence for specialized businesses through their extensive suite of products.
The Technical Product Business Analyst will primarily elicit and document business requirements. The Business Analyst will report to the Senior Business Analyst and work closely with business users and all members of the development team. This position is a high-visibility role within the company and will directly impact the quality and success of our products and drive revenue growth. The Business Analysis team directly impacts the quality and success of our products and helps drive revenue growth.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-3 years of web application work experience, strong writing and communication skills, knowledge of various development methodologies such as Agile and waterfall, user stories, requirements analysis, and user experience design and usability. We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly person who values small company culture and teamwork. This person should be a self-starter and be forward thinking.
- Work closely with various business departments to understand business processes, objectives, and requirements on approved projects. Resolve ambiguities when requirements are unclear.
- Create User stories
- When needed, document functional and user interface requirements that meet business needs and represent an efficient and consistent approach to existing applications. Maintain up-to-date documentation throughout project lifecycle.
- Assist in obtaining business driver approval and sign-off on business requirements. Own the requirements Change Management process after sign-off.
- Work closely with the development teams to understand project complexity, effort, and resource needs for accurate estimating.
- Review project requirements with developers and work closely with development teams throughout projects to further detail specifications
- Assist QA by reviewing test plans, performing QA on selected releases, and answering questions- Maintain a focus on user experience and usability. Assist in final user-acceptance testing of new functionality with the business sponsor
- Train internal users on use of new applications or functionality
- Assist in creating internal system help documentation
- Adhering to and supporting Money-Media’s goals, mission, objectives, and culture statements
- Ability to translate business needs into successful solutions
- Knowledge of iterative and user-centered design methodologies
- Ability to elicit, document, and evaluate business requirements, including modeling business processes, flowcharts, information architecture, wireframe, user profiling, and detailed requirements documentation
- Ability to become an expert on our web products and applications by developing a deep understanding of these systems workflow, functionality, design, and user base.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a positive and responsive attitude
- Create appropriate requirements documents by frequent reviews with stakeholders
- Must be highly organized; ability to coordinate work from multiple departments and driven to keeping projects on schedule
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Content management systems experience a plus
- Online media / publishing experience a plus
- Understanding and experienced in high activity, daily publishing environments a plus
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, and enhanced maternity & paternity packages. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) ,which will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company.
At the FT, we know our most valuable resources are our people and we embrace our employees’ unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying, and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.