Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Account Executive Role
The FT Banking & Finance Advertising team is looking for a talented Account Executive to join the team, to identify and create new business opportunities from financial clients. This collaborative and supportive team are looking for a self starter with a passion for winning new business, managing clients and building creative, insight driven proposals whilst delivering excellent end to end customer service.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with editorial teams, marketing and operations departments, as well as colleagues across campaign planning, research and branded content. You will report into the Group Head and work alongside a team of Account Coordinators, Executives, Managers and Directors.
This position will suit someone who has an interest in the Banking and Finance sectors. Attending major industry events to meet peers in person and keeping up to date with the fast changes across these sectors, is of real importance, with the aim of leveraging this knowledge to create compelling proposals, proactive content ideas or support the creation of new FT products.
- Work alongside your team to understand the best approach to trade based on client needs and our internal frameworks
- Utilise marketing and new business tools e.g. LinkedIn Sales Navigator to drive your own client patch and support the wider Banking and Finance teams’ patches
- Support the creation of insight-led, outcome-based solutions for your clients, resulting in strong proposals which convert to revenue
- Work to establish good working relationships with the buying and planning teams at the agencies responsible for your new business wins
- Establish solid relationships with the marketing team and PR departments
- Keep contacts, activities and opportunities up to date on the CRM (Salesforce) and extract reports to help the wider team understand trends, risks and opportunities
- Speak to and present to clients and their agency counterparts, working with multiple organisations and departments to create, convince and execute communication plans
- Become an FT evangelist by developing your knowledge of the FT’s competitive set and the FT’s USPs
- Work with the Content Directors to devise ideas and strategies your clients will value
- Utilise FT editorial tools combined with audience research and third party studies to generate proactive solutions for clients
- Develop deep relationships with both your clients and agencies, proactively manage and grow your patch and look for incremental revenue opportunities
- Identify proactive leads based on industry news and be comfortable with cold-calling clients and agencies to introduce them to the FT.
Required Skills / Experience
- Prior experience in media sales with knowledge of the finance industry is beneficial but not required (more important is a curious mind and an eagerness to learn)
- Ability to work with others and build relationships across internal teams as well as clients and prospects
- You will have excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Superb communication skills are essential
- Inquisitive and open minded attitude.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.