Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
To play a pivotal role within the business education team by managing a number of clients and agencies, growing existing business through excellent account management and generating new business. The successful candidate will be responsible for selling a suite of products and will need to plan and create marketing proposals and oversee the successful delivery of such campaigns. In addition, they will demonstrate a high degree of customer service to clients and have the ability to work on their own initiative, gathering feedback and intelligence to enhance the portfolio of products offered.
They will be able to work largely on their own initiative and deliver under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- To meet and exceed sales targets.
- Manage an existing client and agency database for both print and online.
- Generate new business through both existing and new client base.
- Develop a solid understanding of the business education industry.
- Be able to discuss, present and recommend the various FT products and make the appropriate recommendations to clients based on their requirements.
- Design and implement multi platform solutions to reflect the needs of business schools.
- Demonstrate digital advertising experience, and have experience of selling digital solutions.
- Use Salesforce regularly to place bookings, log and update BUD, meetings, communications and notes on clients as well as manage patch in terms of YoY analysis.
Required Skills / Experience
- Minimum 1 years of sales experience.
- Ability to self-motivate and work effectively in a team.
- a basic understanding of the digital landscape and its terminology.
- Good business and commercial acumen.
- Good communication skills (written and interpersonal), including an ability to communicate well and persuasively with a range of external and internal contacts
- Experienced in producing and delivering presentations
- Creative problem solving skills and can-do attitude.
- Ability to interpret and re-present information.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to organise tasks and cope with conflicting priorities.
- Computer literate: work processing, database and CRM skills, with good administrative skills.
- University degree
- Experience in a media sales environment
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.