Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The FT’s Enterprise business
The FT has established commercial relationships with over 5000 corporate, government and education customers globally. These customers pay for teams of people to have access to FT’s journalism on any of 60 media platforms. Over 650,000 people at work or study now benefit from this. Enterprise customers are instrumental to the FT’s global growth strategy. This team, which we call B2B, is also responsible for the licensing of the FT’s content through a variety of means, including syndication agreements with other publishers.
This highly successful business has a consistent track record of delivering double-digit revenue growth and impressive margins. The next chapter of success for the B2B business will involve continued growth of the core business plus accelerated growth through significant investment in new products and services. The marketing team is a key to this as a touchpoint attracting and converting new customers as well as ensuring that existing customers see increasing value from their relationships with us.
An opportunity to lead a small team of marketers, the role is responsible for developing marketing strategies and campaigns to support the growth of our business in EMEA. The role involves collaborating across B2B teams to deliver lead generation and engagement tactics to target organisations across business education, government and corporate markets.
What you will be responsible for
- Develop and own the marketing plan to meet regional revenue targets
- Establish a close working relationship with key stakeholders within the business, in particular the sales and customer success teams
- Manage a small team of marketing executives to implement campaign activity. Also requires close collaboration with other marketers globally
- Use market feedback and desk research to understand and articulate needs and value propositions for key customer segments in the regions
- Work with the sales team to develop and agree campaign goals and tactics. Applies expertise and experience to tailor plans
- Deliver marketing activity to agreed timescales and budgets
- Establish and optimise processes for lead generation/management, including sales feedback, best use of marketing/CRM systems
- Campaign activity will include content marketing, online paid media, events and tradeshows, webinars, telemarketing, email marketing
- Develop sales tools, including case studies, collateral and presentations, to support the sales effort
- Measure effectiveness of marketing effort and undertake analysis to make recommendations/changes.
Required Skills / Experience
- 5+ years of developing and executing effective marketing strategies
- Experience of managing a team
- Has run business-to-business lead generation campaigns, working with a direct sales team
- Excellent digital skills including email marketing, paid media, events, account based marketing and other field marketing tactics
- Comfortable with data and using analysis to drive decision making
- Understands segmentation and has experience of developing relevant messaging for target audiences
- High focus on delivering results and understands the importance of measuring marketing activity
- Strong project management skills with attention to dates, deliverables and budgets
- Used to managing and negotiating with third party suppliers, such as printers and design agencies
- Good creative judgement and copywriting skills
- Effective communication skills and works in a collaborative way across multiple teams
- Knowledge of marketing automation systems, particularly Salesforce.com and Marketo
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.