We’re a rapidly growing team building a disruptive Consultancy. We draw on a unique proposition; lived experience of the successful transformation of the FT, operating expertise from experienced practitioners and a proven playbook to help organisations transform to a high performing customer centred model. Our mission is to help organisations build valuable relationships with their consumers and build resilient business models.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s prestigious business media organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
You’ll be an early team member of a funded startup within an established institution - a rare opportunity. We offer a fun and flexible work environment with a best-in-class benefits package.
This will be offered as a contract position.
Data analytics expertise plays a pivotal role in this mission - blending technical analytical and business acumen to work on a diverse range of projects that support the sustained growth of a loyal and engaged customer base, revenues and subscriptions.
The Data Analyst will work closely with clients on consulting engagements and / or secondments across clients within media and other sectors to solve complex business problems. As many of our recommendations are built on knowledge and best practices developed within the Financial Times, this often involves deep connections and extensive collaboration with FT colleagues such as data architects and scientists, software engineers, product developers, editors, and commercial teams. It will also require working closely with the FT’s growing Data analytics teams to build valuable experience and expertise from the FT’s continuing transformation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate business questions, working with stakeholders and team members to develop actionable and tractable analytics.
- Design and conduct analysis which develops findings and synthesises recommendations in order to deliver valuable and relevant insight.
- Work with large data sets to solve complex problems
- Review user behaviour and develop recommendations to enhance existing models
- Assess statistical techniques for web, subscription and content data in order to answer interesting questions
- Advise product managers and others on experimental design and metrics
- Design fair and accurate hypothesis tests to aid decisions
- Communicate actionable recommendations to client stakeholders, helping to guide optimal commercial and editorial strategies
- Expert communication skills with a proven ability to present to and engage senior business leaders
- Ability to lead on projects and manage multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record of driving positive organisational change using data
- Comfortable converting commercial ‘hunches’ into insightful and measurable questions by deciphering hidden user needs
- Skilled in joining, blending and analysing data from multiple sources, as well as translating technical and analytical findings back into actionable business recommendations
- Exposure to working with a large variety of data sets
- Experience prioritising, maintaining and delivering a pipeline of competing projects.
- Management or mentoring experience
- Previous work in a newsroom or media company
- Have worked in agile teams or knowledge of agile methodologies.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.