Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
Brief summary of role:
Ignites Asia, a Financial Times service, is an online source of news, business intelligence and analysis for the asset management industry in Asia. It is a subscription-based publication. We are looking for an Reporter, based in Hong Kong.
This is a unique opportunity to play an important role in a successful online news service backed by the experience and resources of the Financial Times and Money-Media. This is also an opportunity to focus on news journalism for sophisticated decision-makers, as well as work within a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Cover a market (ie Hong Kong or Singapore) and aim to write four original articles per week.
- Produce news stories and exclusive content.
- Travel occasionally within Asia.
- Edit and publish daily edition in absence of the managing editor.
- When needed, edit mass media stories for the daily edition.
- Minimum of three years of experience covering the asset management industry and/or financial markets in Asia. Strong contacts with asset management companies, fund distributors/selectors/institutional investors and regulators would be an advantage.
- Editing experience.
- Proven ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel to specific markets in Asia.
- Must love news journalism, be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, responsible, organised and a team player.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.