Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
Financial Times Live (FT Live) is the conferences and events division of the Financial Times newspaper and its group publications. Our mission is to bring our global executive audiences the very latest in knowledge and opinion, and connect them to one another.
Chaired by senior FT journalists, FT Live organises 300-plus conferences and events, both virtual, hybrid and in-person every year. We gather pre-eminent public and private sector decision-makers, visionaries and strategists from the world’s most important economies and industries for agenda-setting debates that cover the key issues of our time.
From unique experiences such as the FTWeekend Festival to our senior-level business summits such as the award winning Global Boardroom, FT Live has become one of the FT Group’s most successful and fastest-growing divisions, and is at the forefront of the FT’s accelerated development as an essential, interactive information source across numerous platforms.
The Role / Position Overview
FT Live is currently recruiting for the role of Senior Content Editor (Conference Producer) on a freelance contractor basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing global team.
- Research, write and produce innovative, high-quality event programmes (digital, hybrid and in-person) on a project-by-project basis, as determined by the Head of Content, Partner Events
- Research, invite and confirm speakers for your events
- Research and write editorial proposals for sponsorship sales packs and pitches, on a project-by-project basis, as determined by the Head of Content, Partner Events
- Conduct due diligence and assist in the development of new ideas for regional multi-sponsored core events, on a project-by-project basis, as determined by the Head of Content, Partner Events
- Liaise with the FT journalists chairing and/or moderating at our events
- Liaise with the sponsorship department to ensure fulfilment of content deliverables
- Liaise with the project management department to optimise the running of programmed events and the delivery of content for event collaterals
- Liaise with the marketing department to create original copy for email blasts, newspaper ads and marketing brochures
- Liaise with the social media department to produce and manage any additional content required pre- and post-event on social media channels
- Manage any additional content, related to pre- and post-event engagement
- Help with speaker liaison and on-the-day content, including social media output and content related to live streaming
- Assist with any other post-event content, including thank you emails to speakers, event summaries, etc.
- Liaise with FT editorial to optimise the use of FT.com video and other FT digital output to enhance FT Live events.
Required Skills / Experience
- Strong client management skills
- Ability to come up with engaging and innovative ideas to ensure maximum interest from the FT audience and deliver novel and thought provoking content
- A B2B event background is not necessary, provided candidate has copywriting/journalistic experience and is willing to learn about the event management process
- Be able to work for a large, dynamic and fast-moving international business
- Candidates welcome from anywhere in the world, the role is remote and on a project by project basis
- Excellent written english is essential, other language skills could be beneficial.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.
Please note: due to the number of applications, we generally can only respond to successful candidates. We hire on an ongoing basis however, so we would also like to reach out should similar opportunities become available.