Communications Executive, Customer Care
Department: Customer Care
Reports To: Operations Manager
The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world’s leading business news and information organisations. We are recognised globally for our authority, integrity and accuracy. We provide a broad range of essential services, including news, comment, data and analysis to the growing audience of internationally minded business people. Our strength is in our employees, who hail from all different backgrounds and walks of life.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace:
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all and, in particular, barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
Brief summary of the role:
The FT prides itself on delivering outstanding, proactive and engaging customer service to its global readership. In order to do so, our Customer Care teams must have access to appropriate communications that are engaging and informative, whilst also being connected to the wider purpose and value of the Consumer Revenue Group.
By joining the Customer Care Operations team you can expect an inspiring transformation, with a clear strategy to drive positive change for our customers and employees alike. In order to support this transformation, we are looking for a highly motivated team player to join us on this journey. You’ll be working to help employees across Customer Care stay up to date with the department vision, strategic pillars, OKRs, projects, and tactical updates by designing, scheduling and sending internal communications.
You will own internal communication requirements for the Customer Care team; reviewing, prioritising and implementing communication requests. You will create a variety of communications including announcements, product releases and process changes to be delivered across a variety of channels.
An essential part of this role will be to maximize employee adoption of internal comms to improve the impact we have on our customers and the business. Our frontline teams need information at their fingertips to support customers during real-time interactions; making the structure and content of the comms they use imperative. We encourage and welcome new ideas and ways of communicating that will have a positive impact.
- Develop and manage the communication plan in line with strategic and operational requirements, ensuring your audience have the information they need to feel connected to our culture, strategy and to operate effectively
- Edit and write content for a variety of internal communication channels ensuring the information is engaging, to the point, and easily understood
- Evaluate data and user feedback to improve internal communications and employee engagement
- Maintain FT.com Help Centre content, ensuring external FAQs and information for customers are aligned with internal communications/processes
- Develop and maintain the Customer Care “Hub” (google site) as a central point for key internal communication and team engagement
- Collaborate with stakeholders to review and maintain appropriate email and chat quick text templates used by our internal teams to communicate with customers
- Manage internal communications for change projects where a comms plan is required
- Devise strategies to share appropriate departmental information effectively with the wider business; driving understanding, collaboration and championing customer needs
Essential Skills & Behaviours:
- Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with the ability to appropriately inform your audience
- Effective communicator and influencer at all levels of seniority, adapting your style to suit the needs of the situation
- The creative ability to devise engaging and impactful communication strategies
- Ability to take complex information and communicate it in a simple way that holds meaning for the end user
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven approach to understanding the impact of comms
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills at all levels of seniority
- Strong team player and ability to work collaboratively across teams and regions
- Proactive and pragmatic attitude to challenge the status quo and drive positive change
- Ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities, maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Team player with a positive attitude; willing to pitch in where needed and demonstrate a willingness to assist with tasks outside immediate key role requirements for the benefit of overall organisational success
- Experience in a communications or marketing team, preferably internal communications
- Collaboration across geographic regions, functions and teams, and working with stakeholders
- Experience managing/supporting change and implementing comms plans to support change
- Experience working with Google Suite, including Google Sites and Analytics
- Prior use of CRM systems, particularly Salesforce
- Previous experience working in a Customer Service or Contact Centre environment
- Experience in supporting a department to communicate effectively with the wider business
- Experience working with audio and video to communicate key messages