Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Client Relationship Executive is responsible for retaining and growing a bank of business within the Financial Services, Corporate and Professional Services sectors in the APAC region.
The role holder will have responsibility for the retention and up-selling of existing business and must possess a customer-focused approach to their work. Regular contact and building relationships with clients at a senior level will be key, as will the ability to work closely with our internal support teams and other sector specific sales heads. The role holder needs to be well organised and have the ability to manage a large number of accounts.
Negotiation will also form a key part of the role, making this an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move into a client relationship management sales position. You will have the opportunity to join and learn from a high performing sales team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify upsell, retention risk and Expand accounts within a bank of business, ensure renewal and upsell opportunities are maximised and any additional growth outside of an existing licence is explored.
- Meet renewal targets with focus on growth across the assigned bank of business.
- Work with the appropriate support departments to ensure that customer issues are handled consistently and effectively, including technical issues relating to FT access for example single sign on.
- To keep up to date with market & competitor developments and have the ability to speak with confidence on the FT’s value proposition for each sector.
- Document all sales activity in Salesforce, and maintain your business pipeline.
- Ensure dates of all renewals are well planned and work commences at least three months in advance.
- Keep up to speed with developments that can support your role, such as attending B2B Showcase sessions and discussions from FT journalists.
- Where possible, to work closely with the customer success team to plan and prioritise activity and to support the goal of achieving upsell and retention and building relationships with stakeholders across your key accounts.
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
You'll bring to the role....
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Well developed influencing skills to gain commitment from clients and internal colleagues.
- Ability to talk knowledgeably about customer issues.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- A customer focused approach and an understanding of the FT value proposition for all applicable sectors.
- Obtain experiences in a customer facing role / sales experience would be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of using CRM systems / Salesforce / the Google tool suite
- Fluency in Mandarin will be an advantage.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.