Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
Financial Times Live (FT Live) is the conferences and events division of the Financial Times newspaper and its group publications. Our mission is to bring our global executive audiences the very latest in knowledge and opinion, and connect them to one another.
Chaired by senior FT journalists, the 200-plus core events, strategic forums and digital webinars organised by FT Live every year gather pre-eminent public and private sector decision-makers, visionaries and strategists from the world’s most important economies and industries for agenda-setting debates that cover the key issues of our time.
From unique experiences such as the FTWeekend Festival to our senior-level business summits such as the award winning Global Boardroom, FT Live has become one of the FT Group’s most successful and fastest-growing divisions, and is at the forefront of the FT’s accelerated development as an essential, interactive information source across numerous platforms.
We are on the lookout for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Partnership Manager to support the marketing team with the acquisition and management of supporting partners across a range of B2B and B2C events. This role will be a vital support to the marketing team with a key objective to deliver access to new audiences via partnerships and drive event registrations as well as build long lasting relationships. This is the perfect opportunity for senior marketing executives looking to have a step up in their career.
- Research and compile list of partners in line with events’ target audiences
- Negotiate and secure target number of partnerships to deadlines
- Responsible for ensuring mutually beneficial marketing terms that are in line with business and events’ objectives and strategy
- Manage and nurture relationships to maximise outcomes of partnership and increase reach through via their channels
- Continually monitor partner performance via Google Analytics and registration codes to determine effectiveness of partner campaigns
- Attend project meetings to provide updates on partnership acquisition status and performance
- Provide post-event reports with insights into registrations and revenue achieved via partnerships and present results monthly to the FT Live marketing division
- Work closely with Partnership Executive to ensure all marketing activity is delivered on time to a high standard and support with their day-to-day management.
Required Skills / Experience
- Ideally around 2,5 years of professional marketing / commercial / account management experience, ideally within the events background
- Strong communicator with experience of building, nurturing and maintaining relationships across all levels of business (internal and external)
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure, with a positive attitude
- Results driven with an analytical approach to decision making
- Strong sales skills (negotiating, strong telephone manner, confident presenter)
- Proactive, can-do attitude and a good sense of humour
- Organised, professional and resilient.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.