Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
A member of the Financial Times’ Global HR team, this role will provide payroll administration for the US arm of the Financial Times. This position will be responsible for the preparation of US payroll as well as administrative support for local and global HR projects and services.
Given the nature of our ever-evolving business we require someone who is easily adaptable and comfortable in a changing environment.
- Prepare, administer and check US payroll via our outsourced payroll vendor, ActivPayroll (AP), to include inputting approved pay adjustments, personnel transactions such as new hires, terminations; employee status changes, benefit deductions, commission and bonus payments, 401k changes, garnishments, loan collection, leaves of absence, tax adjustments etc.
- Manage the timesheet process for our non exempt employees
- Build a strong relationship with the payroll vendor and keep up excellent communication channels in relation to live payroll runs and ongoing projects as well as via monthly Governance calls
- Actively support Workday HRIS and implementation of new features that improve the payroll process and/or data and compliance
- Maintain all employee related changes in the system in a timely manner
- Maintain the integrity of employee data and files, ensuring that all changes to terms are accurately recorded and remain in compliance
- Maintain the flow of documentation through electronic file feeds for payroll changes including clear communication with AP, benefits vendors, and internal departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll changes, auditing of payroll & HR systems
- Act as primary point person to address employee and former employee inquiries regarding pay
- Ensure that transactions are processed in compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as government agency regulations
- Run compensation and other payroll and HRIS reports as requested
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned or as responsibilities dictate
Required Skills / Experience
- Minimum of 1 year relevant end to end US payroll experience covering payroll calculations, adjustments, audits and other related tasks
- Ability to flexibly work day time approximately 14 hours weekly
- Experience working with an outsourced payroll provider
- Structured, organised, proactive, process orientated
- High attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of trust, discretion and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Comfortable working autonomously without direction; ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to liaise with employees at all levels of the organization
- Proficient in MS Excel and the Google Drive systems
- Flexibility with working within a Global Organization across multiple time zones
- Experience with payroll systems
- Proficiency in Workday HRIS
- Experience working as part of a global, matrixed organization
- Experience working in a shared services industry
A reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role is $25-30 per hour. To ensure pay fairness, the successful candidate will be offered a salary within the estimated salary range based on a number of considerations including but not limited to: skill set; experience and training; certifications; and other business and organisational needs. The disclosed range estimate is for our NYC office and has not been adjusted for other locations
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.