Here at the The Financial Times, gold-standard journalism is just the beginning. 500-people strong, our Product and Tech team keeps us ahead of the ever-changing digital landscape by delivering cutting-edge products to over one million digital subscribers every day. Our plans for growth rely on a diverse, dedicated and dynamic group of product, tech, delivery and data specialists - everyone’s welcome in this friendly, forward-thinking team. And with entrepreneurial spirit, intelligence and opportunity at every turn, there’s no limits to where your FT career will take you.
As a Salesforce Engineer in our Internal Products Group, you will play a key role in the delivery of the strategic initiatives assigned to our CRM team, with the goal of enabling our colleagues in Sales, Service & Marketing to do their best work.
About the CRM team
The CRM team are responsible for the development and maintenance of our Salesforce Platform, its integrations and various other applications used by our Sales, Service & Marketing teams across all our Businesses' Commercial departments. We refer to this as our Salesforce CRM Estate.
Our Salesforce CRM Estate consists of multiple Orgs aligned across our 4 main revenue streams of Subscriptions, Advertising, Events & Specialist Content. It is used daily by approximately 2000 users in achieving the FT's strategic objectives.
We belong to the Internal Products Group which forms a part of FT Product & Technology. We look after systems used by internal FT staff, and our mission is to enable our peers (in tech and beyond) to do their best work. We do this in a variety of ways: finding a team the right tool for the job, helping them automate the most tedious parts of their work so they can invest in the valuable tasks they truly care about, discovering new ways in which to bring value to the business, and more.
We are currently working on a number of initiatives to enhance the CRM Estate by overhauling the Salesforce Sales Pipeline, Customer Support and Marketing Engagement offerings, by transitioning them to more modern Salesforce Cloud Capabilities. By updating the Technical Architecture and enhancing connectivity with other FT Salesforce Orgs and Internal FT Systems, our aim in this is to drive greater adoption of our CRM Platform, increasing end-user efficiency gains and providing an automated/self-service route to our customers.
We have the autonomy, within defined guard rails, to select the tools and technologies that we need to build and operate services responsible for FT brand critical capabilities. Doing this whilst ensuring that our staff have the ability to achieve a good work-life balance. Someone who is comfortable with the ever-changing technical landscape and is keen to contribute to the company’s processes and broader know-how would thrive in this role.
Your role in the CRM team
As a Salesforce Engineer in the CRM team, you, along with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering innovative technical solutions that enhance and support the CRM platform's ability to grow the Financial Times’ strategic business models.
You will take a key role in the delivery of initiatives, being actively involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle, while ensuring that our CRM Estate remains healthy and well-supported.
Your Main Responsibilities will include
- Working within a multi-skilled agile delivery team to design and develop the CRM Estate to meet our strategic business goals
- Collaborating closely with product owners, business analysts, and stakeholders to gather requirements and agree on acceptance criteria
- Ensure that solutions are secure, reliable, responsive, and scalable built using Clean Code practices
- Provide operational support for released features across the CRM Estate
- Understand and play an active role in designing the architecture, tooling and release cycle processes used across the CRM Estate
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the CRM Estate, its underlying data and data flows, to enable you to shape the best possible solutions required
- Supporting your Colleagues within the CRM Team
- Communicating within internal, third-party and dependent teams in order to align and deliver on cross-team/department initiatives
Ideal Candidates will have a mix (but not necessarily all) of the following
- Experience working on various Salesforce products/clouds, implementing solutions using multiple differing approaches/architectures to deliver the desired solution.
- Possesses good investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in applying the use of industry best practices around Salesforce Triggers & Batches, Object Oriented design patterns for Apex development and Clean Code practices
- Experience developing Salesforce in an event-driven architecture, consuming/generating APIs and developing RESTful endpoints
- Ability to work within an Engineering team that is fully responsible for the quality of the software they build and deploy
- An interest in understanding the leading trends in Salesforce and Technology generally
- Experience working as part of an agile team, using methodologies like Scrum and Kanban with governance tools like Jira & Confluence
- Ability to communicate effectively with team colleagues, leadership and stakeholders
- Preferably will come from a background where operational support and monitoring of code and systems is part of the culture (DevOps)
- Preferably will have experience in Salesforce CLI, SFDX and SF Platform Events
- Preferably will have experience with Salesforce CPQ
- Preferably will hold a Salesforce industry certification
In Return, We Can Offer You
- Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days annual paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Monthly Food Allowance
- Multisport Card
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
Don’t forget to send over your CV!
The Financial Times Ltd. committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our Company and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.