Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Part of the FT Group, Alpha Grid is a content studio with a head for business and a heart for storytelling. We partner with brands to deliver inspiring stories that lead conversations, connect with and engage audiences.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
Alpha Grid produces a range of market-leading editorial and client-brand content - from fast turnaround explainer and event videos, to mini documentaries, events, animations, print and social.
● Develop creative concepts, designs and storyboards for Alpha Grid clients
● Deliver creative outputs across print, animation and motion graphics to the highest quality
● Translate complicated subject matters in to compelling and engaging creative assets
● Ensure the client brief is at the heart of all solutions - not just meeting but exceeding client expectations
● Oversee junior and outsourced resourcing - acting as a mentor as well as custodian
● Maintain and develop our creative craft and excellence in delivery
● Work closely with the Creative Director and collaborate with other creatives, producers and writers to bring projects to conclusion
● Conceptualising ideas and storyboarding for animations
● Animating 2-3 minute financial content explainer videos, graphics packages and all round motion design work
● Create design concepts in line with external client brand guidelines
● Creation of social media cards / assets
● Art direction and creation of print/digital work, including articles, white papers and short form magazines
Required Skills / Experience
● A creative catalyst - able to inspire and communicate through concepting, design and animation
● Ability to make effective and compelling creative recommendations
● Ability to work collaboratively and with a team oriented approach
● Extensive skills and experience in most or all forms of multimedia content production.
● Strong organisational skills – able to juggle multiple complex tasks, to work independently and to prioritise effectively
● Understanding of financial services and B2B industries
● An appreciation of, interest in and hunger to deliver best in class creative - helping to push creative standards and techniques
● Deep understanding and extensive experience of the Adobe suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects. Working knowledge of Cinema 4D and Premier Pro a big plus but not mandatory
● Excellent typography, graphic design, and motion design skills
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.