Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Customer Relationships Team
The FT’s Consumer subscription business has reached a level of maturity and sophistication, and is now moving into the next phase of our subscription strategy, which calls for ever-greater focus on customer needs, lifetime value (LTV) and nurturing valuable relationships. To support our ambitions for this next phase of growth, we are investing in enhanced capabilities - including a new marketing automation platform - and creating newly transformed roles across the teams to leverage these new opportunities.
Sitting within the Consumer Revenue Group (responsible for individual consumer subscriber revenues and profit for the FT), the Customer Relationships Team is focused on driving engagement and increasing the value of the subscription base. The team’s objective is to build strong and valuable customer relationships through engagement in FT content, by creating community experiences and delivering first-class subscription experiences that nurture customer loyalty and advocacy.
About the role
Working in the Customer Relationships Team, the Senior Marketing Executive is responsible for managing the lifecycle of our digital and print subscriber base to drive retention and lifetime value.
You’ll get the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, however, some of the areas you’ll be most focused on are:
- Launching new marketing initiatives
- Optimising existing programs and communications through documented test and learn plans
- Writing on-brand, engaging, customer-centric copy
- Delivering and defining the best practice approach for service communications that support our customers and our Customer Care team
- Develop & optimise subscriber lifcycle comms and journeys to increase renewal rate/reduce churn
- Work with relevant teams - Customer Care, product, membership, engagement marketing, marketing automation etc - to deliver those initiatives
- Closely monitor the trends of our customer base and key segments to spot opportunities to improve the performance of our marketing initiatives that drive subscription renewals
- Support and work closely with the Marketing Managers across the Customer Relationships team where necessary on the overall plans
- Continuously adapt best practice, based on insight and changing business or customer needs
- Develop briefs for the marketing automation to launch new or optimise existing journeys and communications
Required Skills / Experience
- Experience in a life-cycle based marketing team, driving customer engagement and / or retention and loyalty
- Copywriting skills
- Customer-centric - a passion for building insight-driven experiences that deliver value to a customer/ subscriber whilst also driving business impact
- Data-driven, analytical mindset - experience working with data and insight to devise, evaluate and optimise customer journeys based on data
- Commercially minded, with proven experience of delivering customer or business growth through marketing initiatives
- Action orientated with initiative to deliver effectively in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Problem-solver able to collaborate with diverse stakeholders such as customer care, product development and insight towards implementing solutions.