Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
This role will be responsible in chasing and collecting payment from accounts that have garnered aged debt with the FT.
1. Check and investigate on all payments that need to be collected from debt and aged debt accounts and proceed with processing and closing of these accounts.
2. Maintains accounting systems such as journal entries and revenue recognition.
3. Process cash payments to customer accounts, contacting past due accounts to secure payment, reconciliation of open items on customer accounts, answering all inquiries on assigned accounts.
4. Conducts account investigation and offsets debit/credit memos on customer accounts in accordance to current processes with complete documentation.
5. Monitors posted unapplied prepaid cash, direct debit transactions and apply monies when invoices have been generated.
6. Implements the global collections strategy on past due accounts through exhaustive efforts on all media (email, phone) and escalates accordingly
7. Maintains positive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure performance targets are met on a daily, weekly and monthly basis8. Strictly adheres to the General Data Protection Act and other government regulations on data privacy and promotes a risk-averse culture in this regard
Required Skills / Experience
Formal Education and/or Certification:
Graduate of any four-year Accounting or Business Management course.
Length and Type of Relevant Job Experience:
Two to four (2-4) years of relevant Accounts Receivables, Order-to-Cash or Business-to-Business Collections, preferably from global shared services environments and/or multinational companies.
Is a Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Attention to Detail - Ability to notice both minute and pertinent details of transactions, situations and documents; thorough and conscientious when performing work
- Customer Service – Ability to work with internal and external clients, assess needs, provide information or assistance, resolve concerns, or satisfy their expectations; committed to providing quality products and services
- Collaboration with Peers – Coordinates with teams across department, organisation, and global boundaries; Builds and maintains a broad network of relationships with the aim of promoting and developing the organisation
- Excellent Communication Skills – Ability to convey clear and convincing oral and written communication to individuals or groups effectively taking into account the audience and nature of the information.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.