Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
FT Live is the conferences and events division of the Financial Times newspaper and its group publications. Our mission is to bring our global executive audiences the very latest in knowledge and opinion, and connect them to one another.
Chaired by senior FT journalists, the 200-plus core events, strategic forums and digital webinars organised by FT Live every year gather pre-eminent public and private sector decision-makers, visionaries and strategists from the world’s most important economies and industries for agenda-setting debates that cover the key issues of our time.
From unique experiences such as the FTWeekend Festival to our senior-level business summits such as the award winning Global Boardroom, FT Live has become one of the FT Group’s most successful and fastest-growing divisions, and is at the forefront of the FT’s accelerated development as an essential, interactive information source across numerous platforms.
FT Specialist is the B2B information division of the FT. Comprising 17 brands it provides niche audience groups with information that helps them make better decisions and operate more effectively. Amongst the industry leading brands with huge scope for growth and development: The Banker, Investor Chronicle, fDi Intelligence, FundFire, Ignites, Pensions Expert.
The Role / Position Overview
The Senior Marketing Manager will work with the Head of Specialist Events on the strategy and delivery of event marketing across the specialist events portfolio. The role involves identifying new target audiences, developing an understanding of both market and delegate needs, and creating inbound and outbound marketing strategies that leverage this insight.
This opportunity entails the promotion of core events, conferences, awards and webinars and will require skills across a broad range of disciplines. This includes driving delegate acquisition, helping to formulate and execute events, and as an events specialist, lending that expertise to other members of the team where appropriate. It will require the ability to identify, support and deliver campaigns for specific audiences and specialist brands. Another element of the role is helping to support the event sales team by creating media kits, providing audience information and data when needed. The Senior Marketing Manager, Specialist Events will report to the Head of Specialist Events, and will also have some management responsibilities.
- Plan and manage all print and digital marketing activity across the specialist events portfolio. Campaigns will include print and digital advertising campaigns, email, and social activity to drive registrations, lead generation, and awareness.
- Ensure team delivery against delegate revenue and event attendance targets and support the commercial team in meeting sponsorship targets
- Work with line report to ensure successful delivery of marketing campaigns in line with agreed KPIs, event and portfolio strategy
- Design marketing implementation plans including key milestones across the portfolio and ensure adherence to deadlines
- Define messaging and comms strategy, specific to the each brand and key customer personas and consistently lead with benefit-led messaging
- Define partnership strategy for specialist events with a very clear focus on quality over quantity
- Set and manage the specialist events marketing budget, and provide insight for annual and quarterly forecasting process
- Devise and implement organic and paid social media strategies to help build awareness, drive delegate recruitment, and hit traffic targets.
- Work with content teams on data briefs and data builds for new launch events, and identify gaps in our data for existing events
- Work effectively with the FT Brand & Production studio to produce marketing collateral and other required graphic designs for all marketing activity, ensuring the brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Primary responsibility for each event’s digital presence and the front-end event microsites
- Tracking, analysis and reporting of the results of all marketing campaigns against all key metrics, including post-event and delegate analysis, to identify opportunities for future event and audience growth
- Provide monthly reporting on KPIs to the Head of Specialist Events and other key stakeholders.
Required Skills / Experience
- Commercially focused B2B event marketing professional with strong business acumen
- Excellent people management skills - ability to manage up, down and across the organisation and gain buy-in from key stakeholders
- Line management experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing the planning, implementation and analysis of direct marketing to drive event delegates
- Experience in creating and managing digital marketing strategies and managing the customer journeys
- Demonstrate practical focus on campaign reporting and analysis
- Strong influencing skills when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent creative judgement & copy-writing skills with a meticulous eye for detail
- Demonstrate ability to manage and reconcile a marketing budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Motivated self-starter with high energy and initiative, and a focus on results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrate capability with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel (including formulas, charts, graphs etc)
- Experience of presenting and providing recommendations to senior management
- Exposure to and knowledge of media/publishing.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.