The FT has an uncompromising mission: delivering independent, quality information, news and services to individuals and companies around the globe. It’s the cornerstone of our reputation and the heart of our ambitions for the future. But for our people, the FT offers so much more than what we do. FT people come from all kinds of backgrounds and work across a huge range of disciplines and locations, and find an empowering, warm and welcoming culture that values curiosity and rewards smart, ambitious thinking. Those who are willing to unite around our mission and live our values will find plenty to challenge, inspire and interest them. Like the audiences we serve, no two FT people are the same; but together we help our audience be better informed and understand the world around them. It’s a job that’s never mattered more, and a career that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
We are looking for an experienced sales enablement or sales programs professional to join the B2B sales programmes team to oversee the department's key sales programmes.
As a Sales Program Manager, you will be responsible for the management and execution of multiple programs that allow us to drive better sales outcomes. You will be key in developing and delivering those programmes, enablement initiatives, and frameworks to deliver significant sales acceleration and productivity.
This is a hands-on role which requires excellent communication and relationship-building skills. You will plan requirements with internal customers and manage those projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals and desired outcomes to project stakeholders.
Strong organisation and analytical skills are required to ensure we design and consistently deliver initiatives that scale the sales function. You will be working closely with the Head of Sales Programmes to develop roll-out strategies and work with the cross-department to deliver initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with the right drive and experience to work with a high-performing sales team working for the most prestigious financial news publication in the world.
The ideal candidate will:
- Make recommendations and take ownership (initial phases) of the Sale program initiatives, campaign and programs coordination, sales/marketing alignment, Sales enablement coordination, delivery, innovation and best practice sharing.
- Manage ad-hoc projects and schedules that have been identified to deliver incremental revenue and growth.
- Own the ongoing operational execution and reporting of programs vs KPI’s to ensure their continued success.
- Work together with sales management and marketing leadership to create structured pipeline and retention programs for the sales organisation to execute and drive.
- Create and drive programs including the planning process, involving key stakeholders in marketing, sales and sales management, and operations.
- Ensure full engagement of sales teams in relevant demand-generation activities
- Co-ordination of all contributors to sales program activities; delivering briefings, continuous improvement in content, reporting on results and successes, assessing effectiveness, and recommending areas of improvement.
- Working with the marketing team to plan internal campaign rollout across the sales teams.
- Execute an effective programs strategy for the sales & business development teams whilst ensuring scalable processes are being implemented to drive improved sales velocity
- Work with our enablement team to reinforce behaviours and coaching skills for the future growth and development of our teams
- Develop relationships as a consultant and business advisor to the Sales teams
- Create a community program for cross-functional and cross-regional teams to share best practices
- Develop execution standards, guiding principles and incentives to drive up performance
- Own processes for sales reference calls with existing customers to support new opportunities
- Build and execute a disciplined test-and-learn approach to program execution
- Management and optimisation of sales enablement platforms to drive engagement and best practice adoption of the platform.
- 2+ years experience in a similar programs /enablement/ sales readiness role.
- Demonstrated success working at a similar level in sales or operations with a proven ability to excel in terms of customer results, cultural change or talent development.
- Experience in building and executing sales/business development and team processes to drive high levels of sales engagement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and quantitative approach to solving problems
- Strong networking, relationship-building, communication and influencing skills
- Experience in change management would be advantageous.
- Strong organisational ability, experienced in planning and managing a systematic approach to their workload.
- Proactive, creative and innovative thinker. Must be able to generate new ideas for driving and supporting department priorities through Sales Programs
- Self-motivated, organised, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Highly collaborative style with strong influence skills
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; a sense of urgency
- Salesforce experience an advantage.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners.
- Solid data analysis and data presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience within business information or news would be beneficial, but not essential.
Salesforce experience an advantage.
An understanding of local markets would be a bonus.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, email@example.com and a member of our team will be happy to help.