Contract: Permanent employee
Hours: 35 hours per week. Flexible working arrangements available
Location: An adaptable mix of virtual and in-person at our London office. Our teams usually work from the office 1-2 days per week
As a Senior Business Analyst in our Internal Products programme, you will play an essential role in owning and shaping the BA activities in the CRM team.
About the CRM team
The CRM team has an extensive remit, supporting multiple Salesforce organisations and touching almost every division in the FT. They work with internal business divisions, delivering robust systems and efficient processes so they in turn can provide the best experience to our customers. Their scope is varied and challenging, and they look to solve problems like:
- Upgrading our Salesforce integration with the FT’s membership platform
- Facilitating new products and features, such as customer self-service options
- Designing cross-selling and account management capabilities for our B2B business
- Sustaining our CRM estate on a day-to-day basis
Your role in the team
You’ll get a unique opportunity in this role to add value to the CRM team on multiple fronts. You’ll exercise your BA skills in managing stakeholders and their requests, understanding problems and prioritising work, and conducting analysis to clarify needs, refine stories and set scope.
Alongside that, you’ll apply your leadership craft in managing team analysis workloads and priorities, contribute to the direction of the CRM space, and coach your reports to achieve their growth aspirations, tailoring your approach to each individual’s needs. You’ll also have the chance to contribute to the improvement of the BA discipline at the FT.
This role could be right for you if:
- The idea of making a difference to our users excites you
- Your curiosity drives you to interrogate situations beyond the obvious
- You enjoy getting your teeth stuck into complex scenarios
- You are able to adapt your approach and communication style based on your audience
- Your facilitation skills help you effectively navigate different, and sometimes tricky, situations
- You flourish when balancing appropriate levels of detail and shifting priorities whilst keeping an eye on outcomes, strategy and scope
- You are ready and happy to lead a small team of BAs
- You have an interest in Salesforce or other CRM systems (no need to be an expert since you will be working closely with our internal engineers)
This role is probably not right for you if:
- You prefer exploring the ‘what’ over the ‘how’ and ‘why’
- You’d rather have work assigned to you and favour standardised templates to complete your analysis
- You prefer to take things away and present the outcome only once you think it’s absolutely perfect
- You are more comfortable offering tools or systems support than solving detailed use cases or business problems
About the FT
Here at the FT, our purpose is to provide better insights for a better world. 500-people strong, our Product and Tech team plays a central role to achieve this mission and keeps us ahead of the ever-changing digital landscape by delivering cutting-edge products to over one million digital subscribers every day. Our plans for growth rely on a diverse, dedicated and dynamic group of product, tech, delivery and data specialists - everyone’s welcome in this friendly, forward-thinking team. And with entrepreneurial spirit, intelligence and opportunity at every turn, there are no limits to where your FT career could take you.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
What’s in it for you? Our benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include:
- generous annual leave allowances
- flexible working (including working from home)
- medical cover
- enhanced maternity & paternity packages
- subsidised gym memberships
- Giving Back opportunities.
Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, email email@example.com and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Sounds great, where can I learn more?
If you want to find out more about what working at the FT is like, please visit our career page.