The FT has an uncompromising mission: delivering independent, quality information, news and services to individuals and companies around the globe. It’s the cornerstone of our reputation and the heart of our ambitions for the future. But for our people, the FT offers so much more than what we do. FT people come from all kinds of backgrounds and work across a huge range of disciplines and locations, and find an empowering, warm and welcoming culture that values curiosity and rewards smart, ambitious thinking. Those who are willing to unite around our mission and live our values will find plenty to challenge, inspire and interest them. Like the audiences we serve, no two FT people are the same; but together we help our audience be better informed and understand the world around them. It’s a job that’s never mattered more, and a career that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
The Management Accountant will provide key management accounting support to all financial processes, reporting and business modelling. This is an exciting opportunity for a finance professional to gain experience working in a high-profile digital business that requires strong financial support in order to meet their goals and targets.
- Timely and accurate month end processing and reporting of costs (including T&E, marketing, professional fees and consolidated payroll files) and variance analysis as required by key stakeholders.
- Preparation of monthly accrual and prepayment journals
- Monthly headcount & payroll reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Support in preparing timely and accurate quarterly forecasts for costs (with attention to detail specifically in regards to resource cost analysis)
- Understanding of and responding to business queries arising from monthly reporting and expense management.
- Contribution of ideas to help streamline our processes and develop our reporting to the business. Proactive in understanding stakeholder needs and taking initiative to problem solve.
- Liaising with external auditors as part of half year and year end reporting
- Managing invoicing with Nikkei Asia of employee and associated costs for shared resources.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required by the business and the Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner
Required Skills / Experience
- ACCA/CIMA part-qualified, a bachelor's degree in Accountancy, Financial Management or equivalent would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a relevant finance environment.
- Confident communicator with a variety of audiences and fluent in English (spoken and written) for regular interactions with the Finance teams, the businesses, other support functions, and in some cases external third parties. This role will also have a high degree of virtual interaction (telephone, video and email) with the UK, US and other FT global offices.
- Intermediate level with MS Excel is essential (advanced level preferred).
- Experience with Google suite, Oracle Accounts and Essbase would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable analytical skills, comfortable with large financial data sets.
- Effective organization and time management skills, able to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated with an ability to work independently.
- Great attention to details and hold a high standard to one’s work .
- Proactive to understand customer needs and take initiative to problem solve.
- Technical experience with or the ability to adapt quickly to newly implemented general ledger systems as well as other supporting systems
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We have implemented a hybrid working model and we also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, email@example.com and a member of our team will be happy to help.